Sopra Banking Software is one of the fastest growing Fintech companies, featured in IDC Fintech Top 100 Rankings ! We build the technology that powers the world's best financial institutions, enabling millions of people to access better financial services.
We are committed to employing a diverse and inclusive workforce where all our people can be themselves and success on merit. So if this sounds like a culture you would like to be part of then be assured that we will welcome your application.
We believe our people are our greatest asset. We actively encourage the professional development of our employees with on the job training, learning from our subject matter experts, access to our Sopra University e-learning, and the benefit of external training opportunities.
As part of our hiring process new employees will be required to pass a consumer credit check and DBS check If you have any concerns about this please raise them with the recruitment team. Function
As a Software Consultant within our Specialist Finance Professional Services Team, you will be responsible for providing software consultancy service to our clients predominantly focusing on the Asset Management solution across the UK.
This role requires an individual with initiative, commitment to hard work, the ability to work individually and as part of a team with the willingness at times to work under pressure in a challenging environment. Responsibilities
The successful candidate will engage with the client's business team to provide onsite/remote software and product consultancy to deliver projects.
The candidate must demonstrate ability learn all modules of the solution to gather client's business requirements and advise how best be configured to meet the business requirements. It is a desire that you will be able to display a thorough understanding of the product.
The candidate will have following responsibilities:
Profile Essential Skills
- Perform business and technical analysis to gather client's requirements
- Define solutions to meet client's requirements leveraging business & product knowledge
- Build functional specifications for standard / customised solutions
- Conduct End User Training on the solution and provide guidance
- Assist the client to migrate and clean-up historical data Build Excel-based data reconciliation models for comparing source data to migrated data (including Investment Portfolio Reporting, Balance Sheet, P&L Statement, Fund/Investor NAV).
- Onsite/Remote operational assistance during implementation/upgrade projects
- Define & execute Test Plans and ensure solution is delivered to the required quality standard
- Provide assistance to client during UAT and help resolve solution-related issues
- Provide continual feedback to the project manager promptly highlighting any potential issues to allow a pro-active solution to be offered
- Competent in Java as a software language
- Experience of C++
- Good working knowledge of SQL.
- Familiarity with software design and development methodologies including Agile.
- Regular travel to customer sites UK wide
- Experience within Consulting and/or working on software application implementations preferably in Financial Services industry with sound understanding of a typical project lifecycle
- Good understanding of Financial Services (front/middle/back office operations)
By joining the Sopra Banking Software team you will enjoy our excellent rewards and benefits schemes including 6% pension contribution, employee share scheme, an option to buy or sell holiday days, medical insurance, health cash plan, flexible working where possible, plus many more excellent benefits.
Salary circa £55,000 p/a plus benefits