Software Engineer - Java
Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC's global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world's leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts , as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2019 and beyond, we are currently seeking a number of experienced Software Engineers
to join HSBC Technology.
This position forms part of the Originations Product teams within HDS Digital. The team are helping to build the front door of the future of the bank - for new customers and existing customers who will be taking out new products. We are building new journeys and scaling them out around the world, whilst at the same time ensuring that we continue to add innovative features which will enable the bank to remain competitive in the future digital landscape.
Originations covers products such as current accounts, savings, credit cards, loans and more. With teams in London, Krakow, Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Pune and Vancouver, we're growing rapidly and are seeking excellent new team members to help guide the agile delivery teams, lead the backlog refinement with stakeholders plan out the future.
We are looking for Software Engineers to help us build and run HSBC's online banking services, helping us move away from the monolithic architectures of the past to a new micro services platform. What you will be doing;
You will be part of a cross functional product team delivering products into production in ever shortening cycles and helping to drive the continuous improvement of our processes, tooling and engineering practices.
Qualifications What you will bring to the role;
- Be responsible for translating detailed designs into robust, scalable and reusable solutions that deliver exceptional user experience driven by the product teams whilst using the latest User Interface (UI)/Mobile technologies, processes and tools to deliver frequently, safely and efficiently
- Keen to collaborate with others, and you'll give thought about how software fits into the bigger picture
- Be experienced in Continuous Delivery practices and how they affect product quality and delivery alongside being experienced with a range of agile practices and understand how and why they work
- We promote a DevOps culture so you will need to look beyond pure programming and get involved with the deployment and operation of the software we build.
- Be able to deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
- Use the latest User Interface (UI)/Mobile technologies, processes and tools to deliver frequently, safely and efficiently
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience within the Technology sector with knowledge of the following skills:
- Java 8, Spring Boot, Maven, Netflix OSS, Kubernetes, CI/CD - tools such as Jenkins, Git, GitHub, SonarQube, Nexus
- Experience producing REST APIs for web or mobile applications alongside building 'mobile first', responsive, adaptive single page applications
- Application Monitoring - Splunk, AppDynamics
- PaaS/IaaS -Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Mule API gateway
- DevOps processes and experience - Agile methodologies - Scrum, Kanban, Lean UX, XP
These roles will primarily be London site based at our cutting edge Technology Centre in the Bluefin building, Southwark.
Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
HSBC offers the opportunity to develop a fulfilling career within a supportive and inclusive environment. We aim to be a place where everyone can achieve their full potential, regardless of their background. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.