eFinancialCareers, a DHI Group Inc. service, is the world’s leading financial services careers website, providing finance professionals with the latest job opportunities, career information and invaluable industry insights. If you have a depth of engineering knowledge, or are hungry to learn new things, and enjoy seeing your projects come to fruition, then apply now.
eFinancialCareers provides finance professionals with the latest job opportunities, career information and invaluable industry insights they need to maximise their potential. Through its recruitment solutions eFinancialCareers provides financial services recruiters a vital competitive edge by enabling them to source the highly qualified professionals they need to achieve their strategic ambitions - quickly and efficiently.
When you become a DHI team member, you join a company that values their loyal and enthusiastic employees by providing them a competitive salary and great benefits, including generous holiday allowance, healthcare, pension, gym membership reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, and more.
There’s a reason why we have such great talent retention – our work environment. If you like working at a company where individual contribution matters and is recognised, where you can have both autonomy and support to achieve your goals and where creativity and accomplishment are rewarded, then you should consider DHI.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team in Shoreditch, London.
- You will be part of a chilled but knowledgeable, Agile, enthusiastic, autonomous technology team who has full control over development, testing, deployment and infrastructure itself. There is no “throw it the over the wall” mentality and there is no wait involved in provisioning what you need to build and deploy your product. We don't talk about Continuous Deployment to Production we have implemented it.
- Play active role in design, development, automated testing, performance analysis, and deployment efforts of your team
- Perform code reviews to create more efficient, reusable and testable code
- Collaborate with team to develop consistent and clear API specifications
- Work with Product Management to understand and solve business issues
- Develop and own high-performance APIs, libraries and UI frameworks that support a highly-available, public-facing web application
- Experience with Git (Bitbucket a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or a related field
- 3-4 years’ experience with analyzing, designing, coding, building, testing, and deploying application systems in a business environment
- 3-4 years’ Commercial development experience in modern object-oriented languages in Java
- Experience building RESTful Web API’s and integration systems with Java
- Capable of motivating and energizing the very best software developers, as well as gaining their respect
- Experience with Angular a huge plus
- Experience of working with mixed on-shore and off-shore teams
- Understanding of Scrum and agile software development process
- Capable of motivating and energising the very best software developers, as well as gaining their respect
- Fast learner with an insatiable appetite to learn more
- Experience or Familiarity with serverless function based architectures (ie AWS Lambda)
- Experience or Familiarity with AWS (EC2, DynamoDB, Lambda, API Gateway, CloudWatch, Code Pipeline, Code Deploy) preferred
- Excellent understanding of SQL and NoSQL Databases (Postgres and DynamoDB preferred)
- Experience building large scale APIs and web applications
- Experience or Familiarity with event-driven microservice architectures and domain-driven design
- Experience or Familiarity with CI/CD tools (AWS CodeStar, Jenkins, Automated Testing, etc.) preferred
- Experience or Familiarity with infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation a plus
In return we offer a market leading benefits package which includes an excellent basic salary, uncapped commission, company private healthcare, contributory pension and competitive holiday.
If you feel you could make a difference and want to become part of one of the UK’s biggest Job Boards, there really couldn't be a more exciting time to join us!