Solution Specialist - Risk and Finance Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Job Description This role is within our Moody's Analytics Subject Matter Expert team, covering all elements of Risk and Finance related themes for all Financial Institutions segments (Insurers, Banks, Fintechs, SMEs). The responsibilities include providing and developing strategies for market outreach on key market themes, regulations and upcoming priorities. The individual will be able to bring in industry expertise and regulator landscape know-how to provide in-depth informative information on these challenges, themes and strategies to internal and external stakeholders and be seen to be the linkage across the business.
The role will involve creating collateral (whitepapers, though leadership, presentations and/or webinars/podcasts) for different themes and matching Moody's capabilities (this can be data, modelling/analytics, software or consulting engagements) with those of the client and advising the client on potential pain points from regulatory as well as business context.
The role will also require working with the pre-sales team, senior management and marketing team to identify growth opportunities, deliver thought leadership and develop outreach plans for key themes and markets. Additionally, this position will represent the business at events and conferences and through written submissions to outside publications .
- Tasked with growing the Risk and Finance solution business (e.g. stress testing, IFRS9, risk modelling (credit, market and liquidity), Retail and Wholesale segment propositions, Structured Valuations) by linking problems with solutions
- Support the sales pipeline by working with the Relationship Managers to promote Moody's Analytics solutions.
- Write proposals that effectively communicate MA's capabilities and that help the client visualize a comprehensive solution, covering multiple elements of MA's offerings.
- Advise on how best to incorporate 3rd party products or client developed tools into a comprehensive stress testing solution.
- Work closely with senior management to pinpoint specific growth opportunities.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop an outreach plan that will include PR, conferences and event appearances.
- Represent the business at roundtables and conferences and through written submissions to leading journals, newspapers and trade magazines.
- Identify areas where the company's capabilities could be complemented by entering into special agreements with other technology providers or market participants.
- Bachelor's degree essential.
- Extensive relevant professional experience, including experience in a top-tier consultancy or financial services company.
- Established track record of successfully developing a network of clients and nurturing deep relationships with risk and finance professionals. Familiarity with recent advances in credit risk measurement and management; retail or commercial lender experience is a plus.
- Broad understanding of the competitive landscape for products and services targeted at the risk and finance practitioner community. Experience in the publishing and delivery of thought leadership demonstrated in research, publications and speaking engagements. International experience a plus.
- Solid understanding of finance and credit - CFA, CPA, FRM, or PRM certification a plus. Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Clear written and oral communication skills with an ability to communicate complex concepts to a senior audience.
- Position requires travel.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.