Solutions Manager, LDI
Who we're looking for
We design and run liability hedging and related strategies for clients, using our range of Liability Driven Investment (LDI) pooled funds, as well as through segregated portfolios. The solutions principally use physical gilts, gilt based derivatives such as repo and total return swaps, and interest rate and inflation swaps. In addition, we integrate these hedging strategies with complementary exposures including other derivative overlays (e.g. equity options, futures and total swaps, currency hedges or synthetic credit exposures) or a range of credit strategies. Our clients are mostly pensions schemes, with a bias towards the UK Defined Benefit market.
We're looking for a Solutions Manager with the experience and desire shape our clients' LDI solutions and represent the investment desk and portfolio outcomes externally.
We want someone who is curious and questioning. Someone who has the desire and ability to help us improve our products, process and materials, so we can give each client even better outcomes.
You'll be busy, working with the LDI portfolio managers and a range of wider teams to help deliver integrated solutions, and pushing forwards the way that we engage with our clients. In particular, tuning in to our pensions clients and their needs. Helping the team deliver the best portfolios for them and helping the client understand what we are doing and why. Sharing ideas and insights across our team.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. We offer flexible working appropriate for a client solutions focused role.
We deliver effective liability hedging solutions that are built in the context of our clients' overall objectives and strategy. We analyse our clients' projected cashflows and construct a mix of gilt and derivative based exposures that hedge their interest rate and inflation risk.
We are expert in understanding client needs, shaping a solution to fit their requirements and overseeing the delivery of their desired outcome, from translating objectives into a suitable formal document, through the operational setup and onboarding to the execution and ongoing maintenance of their hedging exposures.
We work within the governance structure that best suits our clients, and integrate our portfolio with their other investments, whether they are with Schroders or other asset managers. In many cases, this means leading Schroders representation of blended solutions that combine many of our capabilities.
We look for ways to standardise and automate our day to day work, so we can give extra care and attention to the things that make a difference. We take pride in creating interesting content that tells our story in a clear, concise and compelling way.
We're a multi-talented team. We work closely together so that we can swap ideas, share information and manage risks. And we're open to flexible working where appropriate, so we can all balance our personal and professional commitments.
What you'll do
• Work closely with our clients and their advisers to understand and capture the outcome they want
• Capture and analyse clients liabilities, and construct portfolios and solutions that hedge the risks embedded in them
• Coordinate and oversee the setup of their mandate and implementation of the hedging portfolios
• Coordinate and oversee investments in complementary strategies, working with specialists from teams across Schroders
• Represent the team and the result of our work externally
• Manage and enhance relationships, across various Schroders teams as well as with clients and advisers
• Improve our clients' experiences and how we report information to them
• Help us grow our business through written proposals, due diligence and pitching; develop our message and the ways that we deliver it
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Experience with liability focused investors and advisers
• An interest and understanding of pension schemes, their liabilities and the instruments used to hedge them, including derivatives
• Care and diligence in completing accurate analysis and solution design, and the desire to make the way we do things more robust, scalable and efficient
• Ability to lead prospective and current client engagement, and deliver complex concepts in a clear and concise way, both written and face to face
• Desire to shape how we communicate with clients and to build and manage efficient processes to deliver information
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Actuarial or similar experience or formal qualifications
• Experience with and understanding of complementary strategies; equity, credit and currency derivatives, credit based solutions including CDI, or other integrated solutions
• Familiarity with client and derivative legal documents and portfolio guideline capture
What you'll be like
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic
• Flexible, highly curious and willing to learn
• A critical thinker who's able to look at things from different angles
• Great at unpicking a problem, from start to end, own and deliver the solution
• Able to work under pressure, on several priorities at once, and with tight deadlines
• Great at working with other people, sharing and communicating decisions
• Keen to improve what we do for our clients and how we do it
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.