Specialist Engineer - Middleware
Specialist Engineer - Middleware GCB5 Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
At HSBC, we are transforming technology in financial services, using the latest digital tools and methodologies to make our customers' banking experience simpler, better, faster and more secure.
To achieve this, we have many exciting challenges ahead and are looking for people with a real passion for what they would like to do. Working with some of the best technology talent we are searching for technologists and enablers that will help support us on this journey.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Specialist Engineer (Middleware) . The role is responsible for developing the most appropriate and secure Technology solutions using iterative software development/programming in line with the solution design, to meet customer needs, ensuring continuous improvement.
Key duties include:
- Design and engineer software with the customer/user experience as a key objective.
- Work within a feature team to engineer software, scripts and tools to enable the delivery of bank's products and services.
- Design, develop and deploy applications capable of meeting the anticipated load, performance, availability, security and resilience requirements.
- Design and develop software with a focus on automation of build, testing and deployment process on all environments to minimize variation and ensure predictable high quality code and data.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant controls and standards including relevant Service Management Standard.
- Ensure high data quality exists in Service Management systems of record.
- Provide support in identification and resolution of all incidents associated with the IT service, as directed by leadership of the DevOps team.
- Ensure service resilience, service sustainability and recovery time objectives are met for all the software solutions delivered.
- Responsible for automating the continuous integration/continuous delivery pipeline within a DevOps Product/Service team driving a culture of continuous improvement.
- Keep up-to-date and have expertise on current tools, technologies and areas like cyber security and regulations pertaining to aspects like data privacy, consent, data residency etc. that are applicable.
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Implementing Oracle WebLogic Server 12c patterns
- Implementing Web Tier (HTTP Server and/or Traffic Director) 12c
- Implementing FMW deployment topologies, integration patterns, best practices, and architectures to support mission critical and high availability implementations
- Implementing and upgrading Oracle OWS and EDQ products
- WebSphere architecture and administration
- Cross-product integration with IBM and Oracle Middleware products.
- Installation and configuration Fusion Middleware products in high-availability environments
- Troubleshooting, performance tuning, testing and administration support for Client Fusion Middleware applications and environments.
- Code deployments, customizations and integration of Client Fusion Middleware technologies with databases
- Prioritization of day-to-day activities and long-term project-oriented tasks
- Implementing Identity & Access Management Suite
- Automation using Standard DevOps Engineering tools like Jenkins,Githib and Ansible
- Setting up and deploying Oracle suite of applications into AWS Cloud.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Handle aggressive timelines and juggle multiple projects and responsibilities
- Ideally have experience of development/testing automation tooling
- Exposure to Dev Ops and Agile methodology.
- Experience on Trouble shooting Production issues.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms (ideally AWS).
- Good knowledge of Compliance Screening systems and ideally OWS
The base location for this role is Sheffield.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies. As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.