Specialist Finance Product Consultant
Sopra Banking Software is one of the fastest growing Fintech companies, featured in IDC Fintech Top 100 Rankings ! We build the technology that powers the world's best financial institutions, enabling millions of people to access better financial services.
We are committed to employing a diverse and inclusive workforce where all our people can be themselves and success on merit. So if this sounds like a culture you would like to be part of then be assured that we will welcome your application.
We believe our people are our greatest asset. We actively encourage the professional development of our employees with on the job training, learning from our subject matter experts, access to our Sopra University e-learning, and the benefit of external training opportunities.
As part of our hiring process new employees will be required to pass a consumer credit check and DBS check If you have any concerns about this please raise them with the recruitment team. Function
As a Product Consultant within our Asset Finance Professional Services Team, you will be responsible for providing software consultancy service to our clients using our Specialist Finance Solution across the UK.
This role requires the candidate to be a specialist in Assent Finance and Leasing Software solutions, with initiative, commitment to hard work, the ability to work individually and as part of a team with the willingness at times to work under pressure in a challenging environment. Responsibilities
The successful candidate will engage with the client's business team to provide onsite/remote consultancy to deliver our Specialist Finance solution projects. The customer base is spread UK wide so there will be ad hoc travel required.
The candidate must demonstrate ability learn all modules of the solution to gather the client's business requirements and advise how best to configure the system to meet the business requirements. It is necessary that after training you display a thorough understanding of the product.
The candidate will have following responsibilities:
Profile Essential Skills
- Perform business analysis to gather client's requirements
- Define solutions to meet client's requirements leveraging business & product knowledge
- Build functional specifications for standard / customised solutions
- Conduct End User Training on the solution and provide guidance
- Assist the client to migrate and clean-up historical data Build Excel-based data reconciliation models for comparing source data to migrated data (including Investment Portfolio Reporting, Balance Sheet, P&L Statement, Fund/Investor NAV).
- Onsite/Remote operational assistance during implementation/upgrade projects
- Define & execute Test Plans and ensure solution is delivered to the required quality standard
- Provide assistance to client during UAT and help resolve solution-related issues
- Provide continual feedback to the project manager promptly highlighting any potential issues to allow a pro-active solution to be offered
- Good knowledge of existing Specialist Finance, Leasing, or Asset Finance solutions
- Good working knowledge of SQL.
- Familiarity with software design and development methodologies including Agile.
- Regular travel to customer sites.
- Experience within Consulting and/or working on software application implementations preferably in Financial Services industry with sound understanding of a typical project lifecycle
- Good understanding of Financial Services (front/middle/back office operations)
- Financial Accounting or Audit Experience, preferably with financial services firms
- Initiative and ability to multi-task under tight deadlines
- Flexibility to quickly adapt to changing environments
- Work successfully as a team member and take full ownership of assigned projects
- Results oriented with a high sense of urgency to meet client requirements
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent organisational project and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Willingness to deliver to tight timeframes
- Strong working knowledge & experience of Advanced Excel
- Basics of accounting practice and understanding of double accounting will be a plus
- Understanding of databases, distributed technology (Citrix Metaframe and web), tiered applications, and ability to interrogate databases
- Prior experience with business process management, enterprise reporting and data warehouse solutions is desirable
- Familiarity with current technologies, proprietary and open source, in use within the market
By joining the Sopra Banking Software team you will enjoy our excellent rewards and benefits schemes including 6% pension contribution, employee share scheme, an option to buy or sell holiday days, medical insurance, health cash plan, flexible working where possible, plus many more excellent benefits.
Basic salary £60,000 - £70,000 p/a