AVP - Corporate Audit - CASS
Are you a talented professional looking for a challenging and fulfilling opportunity? Are you interested in joining a dynamic team providing audit assurance and advisor services? If so, then we may have the solution for you. State Street's Corporate Audit Department
At State Street, our people are our most valuable - and valued - resource. We know that smart, skilled, productive employees are essential to our company's continued success. As a global systemically important bank, with operations in 26 countries and more than 35,000 employees worldwide, we work hard to provide an environment where every employee feels engaged, valued, and well-equipped to reach their full potential.
State Street's Corporate Audit Department carefully recruits staff with a combination of backgrounds, including prior audit experience in internal and external audit practices, information technology or specialized areas such as regulatory compliance, securities trading and operations. As a member of State Street Corporation's Audit Division you will be part of a team where collaboration and openness is encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is valued. We offer flexible schedules, continuous training, global exposure and multiple opportunities for personal and professional growth. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results.
Our team of approximately 300 professionals is responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value, minimize risk and improve the overall control environment of State Street Corporation and its subsidiaries. Our auditors interact and communicate regularly with executive management and have tremendous insight into all parts of the company's daily operations. Our audit team acts as:
- Independent advisors-advising management on risks related to strategic initiatives and process and systemic changes
- Subject matter and controls experts-providing knowledge and experience in key risk areas
- Efficiency specialists-identifying inefficiencies in risk management and control design
- Problem-solving partners-looking ahead to help management envision future risks and opportunities
- Primary Responsibilities
This role will primarily be responsible for executing internal audit engagements that focus on coverage of CASS relevant risks and controls across each of State Street's UK regulated entities. This also includes all relevant global locations where processes are performed. Corporate Audit is seeking a well-rounded and versatile individual, who will independently perform risk and control assessments and execute testing during audits and/or lead teams performing these activities.
- Plan and execute audits and assurance reviews leveraging Corporate Audit's risk based methodology to assess risks and controls and validate the adequacy of the design of controls
- Devise effective and efficient tests of key controls, executes and documents audit tests and concludes on the effective operation of controls
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships within relevant Business Units and key stakeholders
- Investigates and develops audit solutions for unique and/or complex situations
- Lead audit project teams in execution of assignments
- Actively promote CASS awareness across global audit department and key project stakeholders
- Participate in non-CASS audit projects
- Contribute to, and deliver on, the audit plan
Qualifications & Skills
- Strong working knowledge of CASS regulations
- Degree educated, preferably within a relevant field such as Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, Computer Science and/or Business Administration
- Additional qualifications such as CISA, CPA, CIA or other applicable certification preferred
- Experienced in the development of Risk & Control assessments
- Strong analytical and project management skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to research, interpret and apply regulatory requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Motivated self-starter