Responsibilities include understanding the scope of the project, determining how it will impact Regulatory Reporting; specifying requirements back to the project team and then leading UAT.
Immediate objectives/ deliverables:
• Assessment of criticality of each component of the Regulatory infrastructure, ensuring first line support is bedded down within IT
• Completeness check of data feeds to Regulatory systems and helping add new ones in SQL Server.
• ensuring the system is available to end users and working correctly.
• ensuring that all overnight upstream data loads have been received and loaded/processed without error.
• answering first and second line support queries from users.
• implementing system fixes and short-term system developments/enhancements (typically < 2 months’ work).
The role can involve out of hours support. This takes the form of being on-call for a week at a time. Currently, this is shared on a rota. There is also a requirement to check the overnight batch each morning and provide status update back into the central Service Delivery team as well as business. This is typically performed remotely from home before leaving for the office. This is also on a weekly rota basis.
The RTB team works closely with the Change the Bank (CTB) team, who are responsible for longer term / strategic project driven changes to the Market Risk systems. We operate as two halves of a single team, with RTB owning the production environment as well as all technical releases.
The RTB team works closely with other technology teams throughout the bank. In particular, with the central Computer Operator team who own the bank’s overnight batch processing. In addition, we engage the RTB teams of upstream systems as required to solve problems with data feeds. It is therefore imperative to build and maintain good relationships and ensure any overnight problems are handled as efficiently as possible.
~~Provide support for the bank’s Finance, Risk and Control systems. The candidate will be expected to:
• Investigate and resolve overnight batch issues.
• Ensure all risk data is available (by agreed SLAs) for the business to use on a daily basis.
• Develop and maintaining complex SQL stored procedures for batch processing and reporting.
• Support stable and mature C# Risk Engines and ASP.NET UI portal.
• Develop systems to meet evolving business and regulatory requirements
• Perform ad-hoc investigations/reporting on behalf of the business
• Monitor system resources and planning for growth to avoid predictable system failures
• Innovate: introduce improved processes and automation for regression testing, releases, maintenance tasks, etc.
• Perform static data updates as requested by the business where there is no user front-end for data maintenance
• Identify and communicate issues and risks to users and to IT management as appropriate in a timely manner.
• Manage issues and incidents through to closure.
• Respond to user demands, prioritising problems/requests/solutions and managing customer expectations.
• Providing analysis and design of new tactical solutions
• Follow development standards and best practices
• Continue to gain knowledge around: the Bank’s systems; business processes; data flows; industry regulation; etc.
• Be willing to learn new technologies and systems
• Management of staff level employees
Experience required to successfully perform the role:
• Experience of working in a regulated environment, ideally Financial Services
Proven track record of:
• Software development and support.
• Business analysis.
• Supporting a large system.
• Providing solutions to users.
• Establishing a good working relationship with other IT teams.
• Problem solving.
Knowledge, technical skills and expertise
• Software development in a Microsoft environment. (E)
• SQL / Relational Database (any flavour). (E)
• Including writing/maintaining complex stored procedures (1,000+ lines long).
• ASP.NET. C# (D)
• Some Java knowledge
• Good general knowledge of enterprise IT issues, including:
• Batch processing.
• Change control.
• Microsoft office applications.
• General IT skills/understanding outside the Microsoft environment. (D)
• Global mindset
• Client mindset
• Pays attention to detail
• High level of integrity
The role would suit someone who is:
• Able to navigate complexity
• Can work in ambiguity