Systems Support Engineer
We are looking for a customer facing support analyst to join the London 2nd line team. This is a crucial role and offers opportunity to develop skills in a fast moving IT environment.
• To have the technical skill set to fix problems that are brought directly to the support team and work with the helpdesk in Cambridge on quick fixes.
• To be willing to develop IT skills over time that enable you to fix more complex problems or solve incidents that take a longer period of time.
• To manage stock levels and our calendar of work, maintaining team efficiency through re-scheduling of non-arrivals.
• To ensure all work is captured on the call logging system for future reference.
• To be willing to make service improvement suggestions, be open to change and help improve the service we provide to our people Job Requirements
• 'A'-Level (or equivalent), preferably Computer Science related. But able to demonstrate a solid education background.
• Degree preferable.
• This role is 100% Customer-facing, so an ability to engage with all users (from CEO to junior support staff) is critical, as is the ability to effectively annotate reported issues and ask relevant questions.
• Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• General interest in IT issues and developments.
• Organised and tidy manner.
• Good reporting skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to take initiative.
• Evidence of having worked in any sort of customer service capacity would be advantageous.
• Ideal candidate will have experience of working in a corporate environment.
• Familiarity with Windows OS, Mac OSX, Android phones, iOS phones & Office suite would be a distinct advantage. About PA Consulting Group
At PA, we take an innovative approach to technology consulting. That's why we only hire the most innovative thinkers. With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we offer our consultants unrivalled opportunities for growth and give them the freedom they need to excel. Whether they're interested in solving complex challenges, executing organisational change or inspiring unconstrained ideation, we offer them a place to carve out a lasting career. Award winning and highly ambitious, at PA we are a different kind of consultancy.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and seek to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets, each able to contribute in unique ways. This diversity engenders a richer, more creative environment - one in which our people develop and clients are served better. We are committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely on the basis of their ability to contribute to PA's objectives, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.