Tax Assistant - Private Equity
Tax Assistant - Private Equity
This role sits within the Finance Function of a well-established Private Equity business based in central London who are a leading specialist in global private markets.
My client is looking to recruit a Tax Assistant into a high performing finance team whose directive is to service the demands of internal and external stakeholders across private equity funds and the management company itself.
The role reports into the Head of Tax, who will assign and manage your daily responsibilities. You will be responsible for ensuring the tax reporting and requirements for the Funds and Corporate entities are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Support Head of Tax with delivering UK and US tax compliance and reporting
- Prepare necessary paperwork for tax payments and returns
- Update and maintain the tax database, tax forms and related information
- Liaising with internal Finance team, external advisors, investments and investors on tax related matters
- Maintenance of the Finance group emails for tax matters and responding to queries
- Assistance with preparing tax information required for audit
- Provision of tax related information to external advisors to ensure timely completion of tax compliance and reporting
- Ensure tax payments are made in accordance with internal control procedures
- Ensure the tax planner and the scheduler for annual tax reporting requirements are kept up to date weekly
- Ensure tax queries are appropriately responded to and escalated where necessary
- Ensure tax related information is provided to investors and investments in a timely manner, and collect and chase taxation information to meet specific operational needs for over 300 investments
*Given the trainee nature of the job, this experience is a preference
- Educated to degree level (ideally 2:1 obtained) or equivalent qualification such as holder of ATT qualification
- Desire to study towards a professional tax qualification such as qualified Chartered Tax Advisor or equivalent tax qualification
- Previous professional experience in the financial sector would be an advantage, but not required
- Interest in following industry trends and changes relating to taxes
- Modelling - intermediate / advanced user of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint, with a strong aptitude for learning new IT systems
- Understanding of the need for a financial control environment
- Enhanced organisational skills and keen attention to detail
- Excellent time management and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and deal with multiple enquiries
- A confident and committed individual, with keen attention to detail and a disciplined and organised approach to work.
- You will need to ensure a large number and variety of tasks and responsibilities are completed within tight timescales, therefore, the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively is key.
- Accuracy is vital in this role as well as being a quick learner.
- A willingness to learn and develop within an accounting environment and to study towards professional tax qualification is essential.
- The ideal candidate should also have an interest in the financial services industry, specifically Private Markets.
- This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to gain great exposure to private equity tax whilst being given the opportunity to gain a professional qualification and develop over the training programme.