Technology- Regulatory Business Analyst
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.84 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,700 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
As a Business Analyst (> 5 years experience) in our Regulatory Technology team you will liaise with Regulatory Operations, Traders and their support staff to evolve our regulatory solutions, develop new tech platforms, and troubleshoot problems in real time. Responsibilities
Position Requirements: Essential Education and Experience
- Interpretation and implementation across a range of regulatory change agendas - MiFIR/MiFID II, SFTR, EMIR.
- Work with business users to streamline MiFID II processes as well as enhancements to internal infrastructure in support of current regulatory requirements.
- Liaise with internal development teams and vendors to covert enhancement requests into technical specs.
- Perform testing including functional, regression, user acceptance, integration and performance to verify that the client's needs are met. Perform post-production release validation testing on any new enhancements or bug fixes
- Support users on Regulatory applications
- Resolve tactical emergencies employing your Excel and SQL skills, produce correct and meaningful data to Regulatory Ops team under time pressure, when needed.
- Create training and reference materials and release notes as needed
• > 5 years experience in financial technology business analysis, is critical for this role.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Math or Business/Finance.
• Extensive experience dealing with regulations and regulatory bodies.
• MiFIR/MiFID II exposure is a must, ability to understand and translate regulatory rule changes and map to requirements
• Understanding of OTC derivatives, fixed income and equity trading processes and related financial products and concepts is essential
• Previous experience working in an agile environment. Technologies required
• Technically accomplished (VBA/SQL) ideally
• Order Management systems (Bloomberg preferred) and Electronic Trading Platforms
• SQL and database (Oracle)
• Excellent Excel
• Industry recognized business, finance, IT or project management experience such as Agile or PRINCE 2 is a plus .
• Scripting (Python)/VBA or programming experience as nice to have. Soft Skills
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• Work independently and elicit requirements
• Make well-informed, targeted and timely decisions while demonstrating sound and accurate judgment
• Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
• Should have strong desire to continuously learn and grow professionally Benefits:
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office
Closing date for applications is: 20 September 2019