Telecoms Research Trainee - Corporate and Investment Banking London - Great Britain
Description of the Business Line or Department
Equity research analysts gather statistical data on investment trends and draft investment decision based on their research analysis. Before engaging investors (and advising them on potential investment opportunities) analysts should: a) investigate all relevant companies' and industry's data, b) review information on specific trends, c) conduct market research, d) assess potential risks. On the latter, analysts should have to conduct a thorough research by keeping track of all the risk factors involved in their advices and keep monitoring these risk factors constantly. Summary of the key purposes of the role
Summary of responsibilities
- In his supporting role the candidate will be required to support the team for our data mining work & the research production
- The candidate should ideally progress from a supporting role to an analyst in-the making position.
- As an analyst in-the-making, the candidate will help strengthening the team's franchise with clients both internally (ie sales and traders) and externally (institutional investors).
- Team support (mainly for data mining work & research production)
- To help preparing detailed financial models of company complete with valuations and industrial case studies.
- To provide accurate analysis of the market, carrying out fundamental analysis and valuations of peers and compare the same with organisational valuations for benchmark purposes
- To help preparing financial reports in order to: a) investigate key investment themes and b) underpin conclusions on in depth fundamental analysis.
- To build and nurture effective relationships with internal clients (ie sales and traders).
- To provide support to equity analysts working in another sector, providing them the information about initiating factors, on-going coverage etc., and coordinating with them for cross-sector analysis (and eventual reports)
Level of Autonomy and Authority
- To keep track of market trends, technological changes, and recent development in various sectors of relevant industries for accurate planning of financial investments
- To create presentations based on equity research analysis to use to present investment themes and gather relevant inputs for the equity research process
- Leverage on various research resources (like company profile, financial statements, business publications, etc.), to help conducting market research and formulating investment recommendations.
The candidate's level of autonomy will be limited at the start. The candidate's autonomy will increase over time as he gradually moves from a supporting to an analyst in-the-making role. Profile Required Competencies
- Regulatory Skills
- Good oral, written, and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility - Adaptability
- Ability to Work Under Pressure
- Analytical Skills
- Critical (and lateral) thinking
- Strong networking skills
- Good understanding of capital markets and financial statements.
Since preparation and the update of detailed financial company models is a key part of the role, the ideal candidate should be well proficient in financial statement analysis and financial modelling. Previous work experience in equity research would be an advantage. Education
Bachelor's degree in finance or economics (with good understanding of accounting principles). Languages
Fluent in English Why Join Us
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment Business Insight
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
Job code: 19000PRL
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: 02/12/2019
Date of publication: 20/09/2019