A challenging Trade Execution Analyst opportunity has arisen with one of Europe's most successful Quantitative focussed Investment Managers. While the ideal candidate will be someone with some Trade Execution or Prop Trading experience, they are happy to give consideration to talented individuals from a Trade Support / Middle Office background who could be looking to move their career into a front office facing role. This hire will need to be open and 100% committed to relocating to the Channel Islands as this is where the role will be based.
The team is comprised of circa. 50 analytically minded professionals (many of whom are ex traders), working across quantitative trading strategies. This hire will be part of the 24 hour Statistical Arbitrage Execution desk, which will have exposure to all major Global Markets. The successful candidate will gain significant Front Office experience in market structures, analysing trading strategies/signals and suggesting improvements as well as having the opportunity to self learn coding skills.
While relocation will be required, the upside is that it provides a rare opportunity for someone to gain trading experience in a globally renowned business. If you feel slightly stagnated in your current position and are looking for a further challenge, or if you are someone from a prop trading background who has reached a ceiling, then this opportunity presents an excellent career path to explore. Along with accommodation forming part of the relocation package, the monetary benefits of working in a low tax environment would make it a lucrative opportunity.
Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Monitoring algorithmic trading for multiple strategies across global regions including London, New York and Tokyo. Primarily across FX, Commodities, Equities and Swaps
- Highlighting any anomalies in trading and work out why this may be the case, halting trading in any securities/markets if necessary
- Improving current trading strategies and analysing any underperformance of the current strategies and how to better them
- Preparation of strategies prior to market open – ensuring that services are connected to brokers/exchange, inserting of corporate actions, correcting any errors in the process etc.
- Monitor any latency which may occur during trading and investigate
- Monitoring risk parameters
- Analysing opportunities to expand the company’s current signals
- Actively work with Software Developers and Quants to improve in house systems and the strategic performance of the funds
- Improving the efficiency of the company’s process – exchange costings, new order types, new brokers etc.
- Interface between different areas of the business to implement any new changes.
- Relevant experience from working in a Trading firm, Hedge Fund, Investment Bank or other finance service firm can be considered
- Graduated with a minimum 2:1 Degree from a reputable University along with strong Maths grades from A levels and GCSE’s
- Good Excel skills and any other technical skills are a major plus
- A competitive salary is offered, along with substantial bonus earning potential
- Accommodation in is also provided and paid for as part of the relocation package
- Moderate relocation expenses are also covered.