An exciting opportunity exists for a recent finance graduate to join a fast-paced and entrepreneurial private equity firm, specialising in renewable energy and property. The successful candidate will work as a Trainee Accountant as part of a high-profile team supporting the Finance Director in a range of responsibilities. This is a fantastic opportunity for a junior candidate with strong academics and relevant industry experience, who is keen to pursue a career in accounting.
This role offers the right candidate the opportunity to expand on the depth and breadth of their previous experience. Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that all bank accounts are reconciled in accordance with procedures
- Ensuring that adequate cash is available across the funds to meet investment needs
- Ensuring that payments are made in accordance with procedures
- Ensure all queries are appropriately responded to and escalated where necessary
- General bookkeeping for all 14 entities, plus new SPVs which arise
- Monthly reporting for specific SPVs when required
- Collecting and chasing valuation and taxation information to meet specific operational needs for investments
- Processing of year end financial statements
- Ad hoc projects when required
- Degree educated with strong academics
- Strong understanding of the need for a financial control environment and adherence to procedures
- Language skills desirable
- Experience dealing with high volumes of work and remaining organised
- Good verbal and written communication
- An ability to build strong working relationships with all levels of business
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to pursue career progression
- Have relevant understanding of accounting software
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Alexis Kirby: firstname.lastname@example.org reference AK50772.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.