UX Designer / Data Visualization Developer
Job Description Position Title: UX Designer / Data Visualization Developer Position Type: Permanent Role Summary:
With outstanding support from both the CEO and CTO, Thomson Reuters Labs is fuelling data-driven innovation, developed in-house with a brilliant team of data scientists and sourced externally through partnership with game-changing startups and top academic researchers.
We are currently seeking a passionate UX Designer/ Data Visualization Developer with an entrepreneurial spirit to join our team in London. You'll join a fast-growing, fast-paced team that behaves like a startup, but leverages the support and resources of a world-class enterprise. Thomson Reuters Labs currently operates in Boston, Toronto / Waterloo, and Zurich.
We have data. Lots of data. That's where you come in.
The goal of the Labs is simple: find new data or AI opportunities, prototype them, validate them, and work with product teams to bring them to market. Interested? At Thomson Reuters Labs:
Qualifications or Experience Required:
- Build new solutions from the ground up, work like a startup, benefit from the resources of a large enterprise.
- Take on a wide variety of projects, bring them to minimum viable product, work with the business to find a path to market.
- De-risk new opportunities in terms of technical viability, data viability, and customer demand.
- Engage with customers early and often.
- From customer discovery, user research, persona development, and design thinking sessions through to design, development, and delivery, as long as it's within brand guidelines, you have a lot of creative control.
- Work with Designers, Developers, and Data Scientists across all Lab locations, conceiving or applying techniques for data visualization, creating trust and transparency in the use of AI, with real, working solutions for customers.
- Some examples of our public-facing work includes ranking global energy leaders , evaluating free trade , using data to combat modern day slavery , forecasting global food supply , and analysing the transition from gas to electric vehicles .
Desired Skills and Experience Required:
- A curious mind and attention to detail.
- Strong personal initiative as well as openness to constructive feedback.
- Excellent communicator and collaborator.
- Comfortable leading business stakeholder meetings and driving discussion
- Strong existing knowledge of communicating with customers and uncovering their needs
- Transparent and sharing with the London and other Labs team members
- Product design skills
- Experience working with user journeys and user stories for the conceptual design of new products and services
- User interface design skills.
- Fluency in Sketch / Invision / Photoshop / Illustrator or similar
- Ability to conceive and execute polished, professional interfaces.
- Data visualization - static and interactive.
- Solid understanding of information design principles.
- Ability to source, wrangle and analyse data from APIs or other sources for visualization.
- Fluency in D3, p5, or similarly expressive languages
- Powerful graphic design skills: post-secondary degree or work experience equivalent in Graphic Design, Digital Media, Digital Marketing, or similar.
- Understanding of colour, typography, layout, hierarchy, whitespace etc.
- Ability to rapidly explore multiple visual styles and directions.
- Knowing when to keep the design understated and supportive, and when to flex and add visual flare.
- Solid understanding of HCI / UX principles and methods.
- Databinding frameworks like React, Vue, Angular, or similar.
- Creating data-driven interfaces with APIs and other data sources.
- Ability to build wireframes or prototype apps in HTML5 / CSS / ES6.
- Animation / Interaction Design.
- Experience in design thinking methodology and workshops.
- Familiarity with UX research
- Experience with agile and distributed teams
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com . Locations
London-United Kingdom;London-United Kingdom