See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Design and deliver great products that satisfy the firm's business needs and achieve adoption. Our practitioners have expertise in user research, interaction design, visual design, and front end development. This unique skill set allows us to partner with business and technology teams firm-wide to create applications that are easy to use, engaging, powerful, and competitive.
Goldman Sachs is looking for an experienced and competent User Experience Researchers to join our team of UX All-stars. We are looking for seasonal mixed methods practitioners who can introduce research to product teams, launch research programs, and conduct studies answering questions about user needs and problems, workflows, and usability.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- As a User Experience Researcher you will be responsible for scoping and crafting research strategy, conducting research, and delivering actionable insights for a variety of digital projects.
- You must be an innovative, creative, and analytical problem solver.
- You must also have extensive experience working with development teams in an agile environment, have superior interpersonal skills, excellent communication and organization skills and be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Graduate degree or equivalent in user experience, interaction design, human factors, psychology, anthropology, or related fields.
- Experience planning and facilitating workshops (hypothesis, concepting, design-thinking, insights) with stakeholders to generate impactful research insights.
- Connect research findings from multiple projects/sources and provide insights on a higher order.
- Utilize analysis methods, such as affinity diagraming, to synthesize findings and pull out actionable recommendations.
- Leverage heuristics, VoC, statistical analyses, and other insightful methods to triangulate user pain points.
- Conduct competitive and comparative research and analysis to complement user research.
- Independently scope and plan a research program (can include multiple projects with multiple related studies), consulting with relevant stakeholders and team members.
- 5+ years of experience in user research in the context of product management, interaction design, information architecture, and visual design for digital experiences.
- Experience conducting user research for complex business applications.
- Strong knowledge of user centered design processes and principles.
- Domain expertise in the financial sector a plus.
- Experience with data visualization and visual design a plus.
- Understanding of inclusive design and how to evaluate the accessibility of user interfaces.
- Self-motivated and self-managed with a high degree of analytical ability and intellectual curiosity.
- Not required, but a plus: link to your online research portfolio or attach research deliverable samples
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.