Underwriter - Jefferies Finance - Associate
Jefferies, the global investment banking firm, has served companies and investors for over 50 years. Headquartered in New York with its European head office in London and staff in over 30 global cities, the firm provides clients with capital markets and financial advisory services, institutional brokerage and securities research, and wealth and asset management. Jefferies provides research and execution services in equity, fixed income, foreign exchange, futures and commodities markets, and a full range of investment banking services including underwriting, merger and acquisition, restructuring and recapitalisation. Team
Jefferies Finance LLC ("JFIN") is a leading commercial finance company focused on arranging leveraged loan transactions and managing a well-diversified, high quality loan portfolio. The exclusive relationship with Jefferies Group LLC ("Jefferies") allows us to arrange all loans originated by Jefferies' leading franchise of over 750 investment bankers including over 50 leveraged finance professionals.
Since our inception in 2004, we have served as lead arranger for ~950 transactions representing over $190 billion in arranged volume
Participate in transactions typically ranging from $150 million to $1 billion for borrowers. Role
Under the guidance of a senior JFIN Underwriter based in London, support and participate in the underwriting and execution of all European syndicated leveraged loan and bridge-to-high yield bond financings originated by Jefferies' investment banking platform.
- Oversee end-to-end Credit Committee process by working directly with leveraged finance and industry deal team members to support all aspects of leveraged finance underwriting and execution:
- Guide and work alongside leveraged finance deal team members to conduct proper credit analysis, financial statement analysis, financial modelling (any required sensitivity analysis) and preparation of credit memorandum.
- Assist in identifying key risk factors and credit highlights, engage in thorough review of the company, sponsor, and 3rd party diligence materials.
- Participate in diligence sessions with deal teams.
- Primary responsibility for initial review of all of approval memoranda for accuracy, format, and completeness.
- Oversee proper navigation of internal approval processes and coordination of credit approvals / committees.
- Ensure successful execution from commitment to closing/funding of financing transactions in compliance with policies and procedures, and facilitate handoff to JFIN Portfolio Management team.
- Day-to-day engagement and maintaining efficient communication with Jefferies leveraged finance.
- Participate in discussions with senior decision-makers for all contemplated financing commitments including:
- Responsibility for the preparation of Executive Summaries of deals for senior management prior to seeking formal credit approval.
- Assist senior JFIN Underwriter in preparation for preliminary Capital Commitments Committee and final Credit Committee.
Qualifications Person Specification
- Support senior JFIN Underwriter to ensure the comprehensive monitoring and accurate reporting of JFIN's deal pipeline and prospective / booked capital commitments.
- Update JFIN reporting systems on an ongoing basis for new transactions and status changes to existing transactions.
- Provide senior management with weekly and ad hoc updates on in-market and potential transactions.
- Coordinate with deal team, JFIN Operations and Accounting to manage deal closing / funding and liquidity.
The following skills and experience are required for this role:
- Undergraduate degree from a leading institution; background in Finance, Accounting, or Economics preferred.
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience within credit risk analysis - leveraged lending, leveraged finance and/or transactional experience strongly preferred.
- Financial modelling experience.
- Formal credit training and familiarity with legal credit documentation a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a small team.
- Additional European language a plus.
Closing Date: 19/04/2019