VP- Senior Network Engineer- low latency specialist - Information Technology London - Great Britain
Description of the Business Line or Department
GTS ( Global Technology Services ) is one of the European financial sector's largest shared service centres for IT infrastructures. RESG/GTS currently supports over 85% of Societe Generale's IT infrastructures in France and around the world. These IT infrastructures include:
• Workstations (PCs, telephones, messaging systems, etc.)
• Computing centres that host the Group's servers (Datacentres)
• IT and telecom networks.
Within GTS the Housing & Connectivity (HCS) department ensures that Datacentres, buildings and network connectivity
(WAN, MAN, LAN, WiFi and all External connectivity) all operate smoothly. Summary of the key purposes of the role
Summary of responsibilities
- The role is a combination of operations, projects, and architecture.
- Support Data & Security Networking services in accordance with the required level of performance, availability and security for approximately 3000 users.
- Initiate, run and deliver project work around market access and low latency services.
- Contribute to the global strategy streams
- Provide L3 support to all operational issues
- Administer Monitoring tools (PRTG, CA Spectrum, Solarwinds) for network supervision
- Administer Reporting tools (Corvil) to provide KPI, reporting and capacity planning.
- Administer In-house admin tools (Python & Ansible) to enhance monitoring efficiency.
- Documentation enhancements.
- Initiate, run and deliver project work around market access and low latency services. Must be able to demonstrate major projects delivered.
- Adhere to the Globally defined Network and security standards and seek guidance from peers for any new standards that may be required
- Participate in the Global Strategy Streams / Communities to review and update the global network strategy and standards
- Take the lead in global stream leadership and standards compliance.
The individual will be expected to travel to other sites, particularly Paris, to work with the teams on specific topics. Level of Autonomy and Authority
The candidate will be expected to be able to work autonomously with minimal supervision, seeking guidance where necessary to ensure work is completed to the necessary standard, and actively reporting on a regular basis to the EMEA Head of HCS Connectivity Services. Profile Required Competencies
Why Join Us
- Strong expertise in a wide array of networking technologies mentioned below - CCNP Certified mandatory
- Minimum 5 years Financial sector experience working in a low latency and market exchange connectivity team
- Experience of Switching (VLAN's, STP, VPC)
- Routing (OSPF, BGP, VRF, EIGRP)
- Experience of working with ACI, OTV, VDC, VPC, ACI, SDA, SDN.
- Strong working experience of working with PTP.
- Strong expertise in Multicast & QoS
- Expertise in chassis-based hardware/software is preferred (i.e. 6500, 7600, 4500, Nexus 2K, 3K, 5K, 7K, 9K etc).
- Monitoring tools (Cacti, TUFIN, Corvil, Solarwinds, SPLUNK)
- Remote access, Proxy services, load balancers (Cisco Secure, ACE SecurIDs, Citrix Netscaler)
- Expert in Firewalls (Cisco, Checkpoint, Fortinet) and Firewalled DMZ environments
- Scripting languages - bash, python, Ansible
- WiFi technologies (801.1X, ISE, FlexConnect, WLC, Prime)
- Strong experience in low latency technologies and algorithmic trading principles
- PC literate (Advanced MS Office mandatory)
- Strong Communication skills written and verbal for business interfacing meetings and presentations.
- Team working skills.
- Ability to dissect an incident/issue in a logical manner to determine the root cause of the problem.
- Familiarity with ITIL based "best practices"- Problem management, Change management, Service Desk, etc.
- The candidate should be client-focused and constantly conscious of the need to serve our key clients (trading floor). The candidate should also be "support-minded", taking personal ownership of problems, working with other IT teams effectively to find lasting solutions to problems
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment Business Insight
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
Job code: 19000RRP
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: 16/12/2019
Date of publication: 11/10/2019