One of the world's largest Sovereign Wealth Funds, with significant investments in real estate and real estate-related companies across a highly diversified portfolio, is looking to grow their senior real estate team in London with the hire of a Vice President in London.
Initially focusing on their significant Logistics portfolio the individual will be a highly strategic Asset Manager within a well-established and growing team.
* Set the strategy and oversee relevant management platforms and business plan execution - transactions will include corporate transactions, public company investments, portfolio, and single asset transaction.
* Participate on the board of portfolio companies; actively engage with senior board-level executives to monitor key aspects of operations and business plans, which includes driving budget approvals, add-on acquisitions, new developments and disposals.
* Be hands-on with frequent visits to assets and assess business plan progress at portfolio companies.
* Participate in the acquisition of platforms and lead follow-on acquisitions of operating assets and development projects.
* Execute planned value-add and development opportunities including CapEx programmes
* Lead the transformation of companies
* Deliver profit growth
* Form companies from individual portfolios with a strong focus on value creation
* Serve on Investment Committees - review, approve major investments, leases,developments, sales etc
* Build and maintain active and productive working relationships with key senior executives at joint venture partners, lenders/financial institutions, investors, competitors, brokers, legal/tax advisers and industry bodies.
* Lead disposition and portfolio sales processes
* Potentially form companies from individual portfolios with a strong focus on value creation
* Seven to twelve years' professional experience, starting their career at an investment bank
* A minimum of five years' asset management experience with a top tier real estate private equity investor/real estate investor as well as a strong understanding of the European real estate market across sectors, with logistics experience as a plus.
* Proven experience of working with large, complex real estate portfolios and corporate investments.
* Strong financial and analytic skills
* An entrepreneurial strategic thinker with an ability to build strong internal and external relationships
* Results focused with exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
* Outstanding initiative and be a self-starter
* Team-oriented and collaborative with strong integrity as well as a high degree of professionalism
* Be able to actively contribute to a positive culture
* Bachelor's degree with honours from a top university or college
* Another European language would be a plus