See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
We aim to build a modern and digital-first cash management solution to serve our clients. Our business combines the strength, heritage, and expertise of a 150-year-old firm with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Our goal is to provide a best-in-class digital product that helps clients to succeed by giving them a holistic view of their business. Through the use of modern technology built on the cloud, we are the alternative to legacy platforms. We're a team of diverse experts helping our clients to build the future of their Treasury.
Channel Engineering is a global team (New York/London/Bengaluru) responsible for building client facing platforms for the Corporate Cash Management offering. This includes a client portal, mobile applications, ERP integration and others. The team has a strong engineering and user experience culture. Our client facing platforms are of critical importance for the business as usability, client experience and easy integration are key differentiating factors in the market place.
The Web Engineering lead will drive the development and the delivery of the technology stack, SDLC and testing process for our client facing web applications. This is role has the expectation that you will understand our product roadmap, foster an engineering culture, hire and grow talent and deliver a high quality web platform for our clients. This initiative is critical to the success of the organization and our roadmap. We expect the successful candidate to deliver in lock step with the rest of the application development teams and to establish strong partnerships with peers.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Manage the technology stack, SDLC and testing process for our client facing web applications
- Define the technology roadmap to support the product roadmap
- Manage a team of strong engineers
- Passionate about client facing applications and user experience
- Manage multiple tasks and use sound judgment when prioritizing
- Prioritize usability and user experience as a critical element of the development process
- Collaborate with global cross functional team in building customer-centric products
- Update and maintain documentation for team processes, best practices and software runbooks
- Establish trusted partnerships with peers, product heads, and executive level stakeholders
- Must be passionate about technology and engineering
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions
- Ability to leverage technology to deliver business value
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- 8+ years of experience writing software in a professional environment using a modern programming language (preferably Java/Scala)
- 8+ years working on developing web client facing application including web sites, APIs, etc
- Comfort with Agile operating models
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Energetic, self-directed, and self-motivated
- Team oriented
- Experience with microservice architecture
- Experience with AWS
- Experience in Financial Services or Fintech
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.