eFX Low Latency Java Developer
Banking today is a technology business, where digital ingenuity creates competitive advantage. At Credit Suisse, we are committed to delivering world-class technology innovation that enables our clients to reach their goals. CS's technology team is a critical commercial differentiator, creating products and services that enable the flow of financial information across the globe. We handle big challenges and create new products, using the latest technology to drive value for our business. We strive to provide applications that are robust, reliable and secure while continuously adapting to meet the evolving needs of clients both internally and externally. Our future depends on identifying and hiring the best people technologists in the financial world and bringing them together to serve our clients' needs. We offer an exemplary culture and a great working environment that nurtures collaboration and partnership; rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurialism.
Credit Suisse is investing in its macro electronic trading business, continuing to develop state-of-the-art pricing and trading systems as well as building a comprehensive suite of client-focused analysis tools and execution-related services. eMacro is a rapidly changing environment and we are building expert teams dedicated to continually delivering new and exciting leading-edge solutions.
eMacro IT operates an ultra-low latency set of price distribution and client trading applications supporting multiple products globally. Initially the focus will be on expanding the eFX platform in order to support more regions, more asset classes and more clients.
Above all, we value attitude, aptitude, and a real passion for technology.
We require a senior Software engineer, who should be capable to pick up all tasks related to the entire lifecycle of product development, i.e. contact with partners, gathering requirements and analysis, design of architecture, implementation, design and write different types of tests, packaging, deployment, support and maintenance software in production; know and understand Agile methodology and its tools.
- Being part of a specialized and highly motivated team with a challenging working environment.
- Development of new applications in the area of pricing, order and trade management.
- Automated build, packaging and deployment process for production deployments.
- Research and development of new cross-asset platform based on our strategic execution system.
- Building and maintain a positive relationships with partners on the analysis, design and development of new features.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working. You Offer
- A very thorough understanding of Java technology fundamentals and design patterns used in real-time transaction processing systems.
- Experience with low latency platforms (developing low latency, high availability multithreaded code).
- Excellent understanding of Garbage Collection and writing low garbage code.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and written/verbal communication skills in English with a passion for team work. We want you to contribute your interpersonal skills to our team.
- Optionally Domain knowledge in FX G10, Emerging Markets or other Fixed Income products.
- Consistent record of developing enterprise, multi-tier applications in particular server side application programming that also include data management aspects.
- Mentoring experience, especially with developers in different locations.
For more information visit Technology Careers .
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.