Risk Analyst - UK&I - Risk Management - 6-Month FTC - Newcastle
Within the professional services environment, the application of risk management procedures is fundamental to the successful delivery of our client services and promotion of our brand.
At Ernst Young (EY), Risk Analysts (RAs) promote and support risk management within the business. RAs aim is to uphold our business standards, maintain and enhance the value of the firm, and ensure that EY UK, its Partners and staff comply with regulations imposed either by external regulators or by Ernst & Young Global in relation to the conduct of our business.
Financial crime risks relating to anti-money laundering (AML), terrorist financing, anti-bribery controls, sanctions compliance and fraud are a high focus for regulated businesses and external scrutiny as regulation and practice continues to evolve. As a result, EY is building a centralised Customer Due Diligence (CDD) team to support financial crime compliance with respect to client acceptance procedures. The Opportunity:
The new Central CDD team supports EY Partners and staff in the execution of and compliance with Global, Regional and local risk management policies and procedures, including financial crime, data protection and the development, maintenance, communication and training of key RM policies, providing advice on complex risk matters and monitoring the application of these policies.
There is an opening in the team for a new Risk Analyst. The main purpose of the role is to ensure the firm's compliance with applicable legislation by performing first line compliance processes and providing support to staff in the Service Lines in connection with financial due diligence checks. Your Key Responsibilities:
You will, as a Risk Analyst, be a key part of a Central CDD team, performing client due diligence checks on potential and actual clients of EY covering money laundering, terrorism and sanctions risk. The work involves all first line financial crime client acceptance and continuance procedures for the UK and Ireland business. Responsibilities include:
- Perform risk-based client due diligence on actual and potential clients of the Firm in accordance with EY policy and procedure
- Gather due diligence information from public sources and CDD systems
- Conduct adverse screening checks on clients and undertake follow-up research as required
- Manage personal workloads to ensure queues of work are dealt with in a timely manner
- Engage with client facing teams and build relationships
- Other tasks, as directed by the Central CDD Team Managers and Senior Manager Skills and Attributes for Success:
- You will have good communication skills capable of dealing with wide range of stakeholders, including senior colleagues
- Ability to establish and maintain a high degree of confidentiality and credibility at all levels
- Strong team player and proven ability to work with others
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Enthusiastic, positive and resilient
- A bility to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines in a demanding environment
- Maintains high levels of accuracy and attention to detail To Qualify for the Role, You Should Have:
- An interest and understanding of Anti-Money Laundering and Financial Crime and related current events across the globe
- Previous experience within a regulatory or professional services environment as an advantage
- Education to degree standard as an advantage What Working at EY Offers:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. About EY:
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.