We now need a Head of Supplier Governance and Procurement to support the transformation and the future growth of the business within the Procurement and Key Supplier Governance function, so it can bring procurement expertise and support to the all areas of the business, as well as build value driven relationships with our key suppliers.
Who we are
Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
Develops, implements and oversees a robust supplier and procurement strategy for the organisation that reflects and supports current and future needs. Including the creation and oversight of all associated software, procedures and policies and monitoring and oversight to ensure adherence.
What you’ll do
- Develops, implements, communicates and maintains a robust supplier and procurement strategy for the organisation that reflects and supports the current and future needs of the organisation. Ensure ongoing adherence by contract managers through regular monitoring and oversight.
- To lead the team including through regular meetings with direct reports to drive their performance outcomes so that maximum productivity is achieved and the team have the motivation and training to deliver the required levels of performance.
- To ensure robust policies and processes are in place for the end to end supplier life cycle, to enable high quality business decisions relating to supplier selection and ongoing management.
- To have personal accountability for the oversight of key business critical contracts – ensuring Contract Managers are fulfilling their responsibilities effectively and risks are well mitigated.
- Accountable for collecting, collating and producing supplier governance management information to inform internal committees, boards and demonstrate adherence to regulatory requirements as appropriate.
- Management of internal and external stakeholders to ensure robust contract negotiation and authorisation processes including liaison with the Canada legal team as needed.
- Ensure the Ariba database is effectively managed and maintained with strong communication and guidance to contact owners relating to its use
- Ensure that cost leadership is paramount in the execution of all third party contacts in partnership with the finance team and authorising Executive.
- Ensuring the agreement and management of key contract metrics, service levels and risk indicators. Ensuring effective and robust contract and supplier management including contingency plans in the event of a supplier failure.
- Ensure procurement preferred supplier list (PSL) is maintained and communicated effectively to the business users. Maintain the PSL and centralised procurement processes with robust cost negotiation to effectively manage purchase costs.
Who you are
- Several years’ experience of managing and overseeing supplier governance including outsourcing contracts.
- Sound knowledge of current/best practice supplier and procurement tools and processes including RFI & RFP processes.
- Multiple years plus supplier management and procurement experience
- Strong contract negotiation and facilitation skills
- Analytical Skills
- Strong communicator including stakeholder management skills
- Financial services experience – knowledge of the regulatory environment.
- Direct relationship management experience – operational contract management experience.
- Good working understanding of contract law.
What you’ll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you’ll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including car allowance, income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You’ll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development.
Our focus is to have an engaged, committed and motivated work force, operating in a high performing and collaborative culture. We want to create an organisation that offers opportunities for all our people to develop their skills and talent, and build rewarding careers with us.
Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.