Administrator Banking Operations - Banking Operations Jersey - Great Britain
Description of the Business Line or Department
KH Operations comprises of the following areas:
Banking Operations - Banking and Treasury Operations (including cards and e-banking, Client Reporting, Scanning and Archiving
Fees and Billing
Securities Operations - Settlements, Corporate Actions, Transfers, Custody and Custodian oversight, Stock Data Management.
Middle Office - Private Banking and Investment controls and reporting (including CASS and other
CDD/AML Client On-boarding and periodic reviews
Relationship Management and oversight of 3 rd Party Suppliers where Operations is the lead stakeholder
Core system custodian - re-certifications, User Acceptance Testing and Subject Matter Expertise
Operational Projects, End to End Process continual improvements
Operations SMEs for tactical and strategic projects
Credit Administration Summary of the key purposes of the role
- To provide an efficient service to KH clients.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate processing of all banking transactions
- In addition, the team monitor the input of the outsource provider, ensuring all work is processed timely and accurately and the client experience is seamless
- To ensure an effective and efficient service is provided to Treasury Front Office ensuring standards and deadlines are met, by:
- To process / route all inward and outward payments by cut-offs.
- Process the daily VISA card transactions
- Process the clearing files and solve various queries connected to the clearing within pre-set deadlines.
- To record, batch & pay-in all sterling cheques to HSBC, process special presentations when received and issue bank drafts.
- To process all cheque collections within pre-set deadlines. Routinely check for payment of cheques to our accounts, once credited match items and pay to our customers.
- The input of client FX and MM
- Cheque and deposit book orderings
- Escalate issues with the outsource providers' quality of work, or any other issues as appropriate.
- Monitor email boxes and SD+
- To act in such a manner that any risk of external or internal fraud to the clients or to the Bank is minimised
- Continually review processes, procedures and systems, in conjunction with the team, the rest of the business and clients as appropriate, to ensure that opportunities for improvement are recognised and acted upon and changing customer needs are met.
- Investigate complaints, queries and problems from internal and external clients and suppliers, digging deeper to understand the underlying issues and acting to ensure they are appropriately addressed.
- Identify issues and problems with data, service quality, internal processes and procedures, recommending improvements and seeking approval for action.
- Provide support to colleagues, sharing information and offer assistance when needed within the team.
- Ensure adherence to KH Internal controls standards, systems and procedures that appropriate standards are maintained in all aspects of operational risk and compliance which are endorsed by subsequent audits.
- Develop and sustain a broad technical knowledge across a wide range of products and services.
- Develop a deep knowledge of operational processes on Olympic and across markets and industries
- Update personal knowledge of regulatory and wealth management market, ensuring that the reputation of KH is upheld to the highest level possible in terms of compliance and reputation internally and externally and to give continuous consideration to treating customers fairly.
- Understand and apply internal Risk and Compliance policy, process and procedures.
- Check and review own work for completeness and accuracy, identifying and correcting any discrepancies or errors.
Assist with review of processes, procedures and systems, in conjunction with the team to ensure that opportunities for improvement are recognised and acted upon and changing customer needs are met Profile Required Competencies Essential
- Delivering business results in a client facing role
- Knowledge of banking practices
- Considers options available and finds best solutions to meet client needs
- Works to high standards of accuracy, quality and attention to detail
- Able to effectively perform different tasks depending on needs
- Can communicate information and ideas clearly to team and clients
- Able to prepare and produce well-structures written materials
- Knowledge of general office duties and standard banking procedures
- Knowledge of banking services and products
- Knowledge of payment routing, swift and Bacs
- Some experience in maintaining data.
- Good level of educational qualifications, equivalent to GSCE level C passes or above.
Why Join Us
- Previous experience in a banking environment preferred.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment Business Insight
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
Job code: 19000I1Q
Business unit: Kleinwort Hambros
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 11/10/2019