LGPS Central is looking for an experienced Private Equity investor to join the Private Equity team as a Senior Portfolio Manager. Based in the Midlands (Wolverhampton or Matlock), the successful candidate will report to the Private Equity Investment Director. You will work closely with the Investment Director and Private Equity team to build a professional, high performing Private Equity portfolio.
You will be responsible for ensuring that all Company policies are implemented and followed by the team of Portfolio Managers and Investment Analysts for whom you will have line management responsibility. You will also ensure that the capacity and skill base of your direct reports always meets the Partner Funds’ needs and be required to support the Investment Director and Investor Relations function in communications with the Partner Funds.
- Supporting the Investment Director with the financial and performance management of the LGPS C PE Fund and Partner Fund PE portfolios
- People management of the Investment Team including Portfolio Managers and Analysts
- Health and Safety
Delegated Authority Levels: N/A
- Investment Director of Private Equity
Executive Directors, Board, Non-Executive Directors, Heads of Service, Portfolio Managers and other LGPSC staff, Stakeholders and Clients
- Lead and support the Investment Director with the Origination, Analysis, Due Diligence (both on and off-site), legal review and negotiation (working with internal and external counsel), execution, and post-execution active monitoring and management of Primary Fund and Direct Co-Investments.
- Supporting the Investment Director of Private Equity in presenting new transactions to the LGPS Central Investment Committee for approval.
- Working with the Director of Responsible Investment & Engagement to review and analyse ESG risks for any Primary Fund and Direct Co-Investments being underwritten.
- Lead and support the Investment Director in actively monitoring, managing, and advising on the Private Equity portfolio to Partner Funds, to include attending External Manager meetings, Annual Investors Meetings, and ad-hoc calls/meetings with External Managers.
- During the above-mentioned management, advise on undertaking a possible consolidation (i.e. secondary sale of some interests) of a portion of the Portfolio and then work as a team to lead (with external lawyers) the secondary sale.
- Represent the LGPS Central Limited Private Equity Fund and the Partner Funds Portfolio Interests on the IAC’s of External Funds, where we have been provided an IAC seat.
- Lead and support the Investment Director in working on the development through to final launch of future Private Equity Funds launched by LGPS Central Limited, the style of future funds may vary from the existing Private Equity Fund, these tasks include the legal set-up, IT systems and controls set-up, preparation of legal agreements and marketing materials, and negotiation of agreements with investors, etc.
- Attending and speaking at conferences within the Private Equity and LGPS Sector – be an Ambassador for the Firm and the Private equity team.
- Work with the Investment Director of Private Equity and other members of the Private Equity team to constantly find areas for improvement and efficiency in the management of the firms Private Equity assets, as well as, the assets of Partner Funds.
- Experience in Private Equity (Fund and Direct Investments)
- Significant experience of collaborative investment decision making at a senior level, ideally in an FCA regulated environment.
- Demonstrates experience of contributing to and following policies on the selection of investments, documenting the rationale for making investments, portfolio construction, and portfolio monitoring and reporting.
- Has direct experience of managing investment portfolios successfully.
- Can evaluate performance and risk of investment portfolios objectively.
- Experience of the successful management and personal development of high performing investment teams.
- Demonstrates documented delivery of value for money (consistent risk adjusted returns after charges).
- Has or can meet all the requirements of being an FCA, CF 30 approved person.
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas.
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates first class interpersonal, people management and communication skills.
- Candidates are expected to have at least some Private Equity experience, applicants without such experience will not be considered.
- Degree level or equivalent.
- CFA or equivalent qualification/relevant investment experience.