Sr. EDD Analyst
The Sr. EDD Analyst is part of SVB's Know Your Customer/Enhanced Due Diligence (KYC/EDD) Team with the specific responsibilities of assessing and managing client BSA/AML risks both at initial onboarding and throughout the duration of the client's relationship. The Sr. EDD Analyst will assist in performing trending and analysis of emerging high risk industries and reporting/escalating results of analysis to senior management for new Customer Information Files (CIFs) and existing Customers during their periodic due diligence reviews.
- Review new Customer Information File (CIF)/KYC documentation for BSA Risk Rating validation at customer onboarding and during periodic due diligence reviews.
- Identify and evaluate emerging regulatory trends in key SVB markets. - Complete Due Diligence Reviews and Client Profile Updates based upon triggering events.
- Identify & escalate Businesses of Interest to BSA Compliance for approval.
- Conduct an Enhanced Due Diligence review of high risk clients that includes composing a comprehensive written narrative explaining the business structure and risks the business presents. The ability to write, think critically and make sound judgments independently is imperative.
- Structure work and analysis for consistency with departmental goals and objectives adhering to policies and procedures for compliance and quality assurance.
- The candidate should be knowledgeable of the laws applicable to money laundering including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), USA Patriot Act, U.S. Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC requirements and Suspicious Activity Reporting requirements.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience
- The candidate must have strong writing, analytical and communication skills and be able to multi-task and complete projects on time. Should be a self-starter and organized; able to work independently, without supervision.
- The candidate must have strong research skills, advanced skill in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and experience with on-line research systems including the Internet.
- The candidate should have knowledge of banking and compliance requirements
- Bachelor's Degree or work equivalent experience required
- Preferred: CAMS or similar certification