Sr. Solutions Architect
Join a growing, global commercial bank at the heart of the innovation, technology, green tech and life sciences space. We continue to expand our global footprint and our banking technology is at the core of everything we do.
As a lead Architect and subject matter expert, the Solution Architect will design, develop and implement IT projects, will review business requirements, lead architecture design, plan projects, guide engineers technical project managers and developers and ensure all solutions support SVB's enterprise standards. Responsible for defining business processes and business models to support corresponding SVB business and product teams. Designs and assesses the maturity of the overarching enterprise infrastructure; reviews technical design and application design specifications to assure integration with the enterprise model. Identifies gaps, overlaps and inconsistencies and opportunities to develop data models that support SVB's business processes efficiently and effectively. Partners with IT Business Vertical Leads, and defines and champion the overarching technology blue-print for SVB.
Leverage expertise across all SVB business and technology domains (including applications, information management/data, security, infrastructure, middleware, etc.) to define and document exemplary ART strategies and standards for IT and business technology strategies in combination with business owners and the IT Business Vertical Heads and business stakeholders.
- Drives the development and ensures quality for the Solution Architecture and technology roadmaps for business vertical -- leads the Solution Architecture Community of Practice.
- Provide input to the development of project initiation documents including objectives, scope, approach, and deliverables, when needed
- Provide support and guidance to the development teams during the analysis, development, and testing processes
- Provide subject matter expertise of application architecture, and consult business and technology teams when application architecture knowledge is needed
M ust have deep analytical understanding of the current and target state of the business application environment, the business process, and related industry leading practices (including a complete understanding of the vendor landscape).
Must influence across their team, IT, and the business to drive continuous improvements in the direction of the ART approved target state architecture. Qualifications
• Ensure alignment of Business Goals with an IT Enterprise Architectural Blueprint
• Define and document technology standards and the policies and the appropriate governance process to enforce them
• Be aware of technology trends and developments as well as relevant product roadmaps in order to introduce industry leading practices and technologies to the bank and align the specific technologies identified with the relevant business capabilities they support
• Analyze legacy IT systems and business processes in the context of industry leading practices and recommend initiatives to improve business capabilities through continuous improvements to the enterprise architecture - assist in developing and championing the necessary business cases to accomplish same
• Provide senior consultative oversight and guidance to the most complex technical projects, especially those that touch multiple technology domains and require numerous and complex interfaces between core systems. Further in this capacity:
• Represent Solution Architecture in a formal consulting capacity to key technical projects by acting as a sounding board, advisor, and technical consultant to the appropriate ART Tech Leads.
• Review and approve interface designs
• Review and advise on ART solution alternative reviews and designs for these same key projects
• Lead collaboration of and arbitrate conflicts between technology domains and their stakeholders. Participate in business and technology planning sessions and anticipate future business/technology changes
• Work with Business Partners and Enterprise Architecture to review business drivers, needs, and strategies and understand implications to the application architecture
• Establish criteria and perform technology evaluations, including analysis and proof of concept along with supporting analysis and documentation
• Communicate implications of architectural decisions, issues, and plans to business and vertical leadership
• Experience: Requires 10+years of IT financial services work experience in a combination of Enterprise Architecture related IT fields including 5+ years of IT Delivery, technical lead or related experience.
• Ability to facilitate and lead cross-functional teams to drive technical consensus and drive complex project plans with technical interdependencies.
• Comfortable facilitating work sessions with technical engineers and senior managers. Able to lead discussions, capture results and produce related technical design documents and related deliverables.
• Consistent demonstration of professional judgment.
• Able to communicate complex information clearly and concisely.
• Able to work independently and also to collaborate across the organization.
• Able to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment and achieve results amidst constraints.
• Able to prioritize and respond to multiple deadlines during the course of the day.
Desired or Preferred
• TOGAF Certification
• ITIL Foundations Certification
• Familiarity with the financial industry and knowledge of U.S. FFIEC and U.K. regulatory guidelines.
• Familiarity with COBIT framework
• Familiarity or certification with PMP process framework