Underwriting, Associate I
In response to our strategic plans to grow our Business Credit Card portfolio, we are adding key Credit Analyst roles to our underwriting teams that support the expansion of our Centralized Card Management Team (CCMT) We are looking for the right individual to contribute to this exciting opportunity to gain credit expertise while helping some of the most influential entrepreneurs and investors launch and grow their business globally. We serve companies in the innovation space including hardware, software, fintech, life science, as well as premium wine clients.
The core responsibility of this team is to mitigate credit risk while supporting the bankâ€™s growth initiatives. This includes contributing to the management of the full credit life cycle, including assessing the credit worthiness of the bankâ€™s clients through detailed and precise credit assessments, stress credit management and preparation of clearly articulated credit presentations.
This will be a great opportunity for a finance graduate interested in credit and underwriting. In this role you will work closely with CCMT Director and Vice Presidents to support business credit card portfolio monitoring activities, which may include working on stress credit cases.
- Assist with underwriting due diligence, structuring and documenting case reviews for standard credits independently
- Prepare clearly articulated credit presentations with thoughtful and appropriate recommendations.
- Assist with monitoring the business credit card portfolioâ€™s credit quality to ensure proactive and timely risk mitigation action when necessary.
- BS/BA Degree in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Math or Economics , MBA a plus
- Strong business writing, communication, time management skills.
- At least 2 years experience underwriting commercial credit products.
- A desire to learn about portfolio management, covenant testing, basic commercial loan underwriting skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with computers and Microsoft Office applications (specifically, Outlook, Excel, Visio, Word, and PowerPoint). Knowledge of SAS, SQL or other data management computer language is a plus but not required