Business Intelligence Analyst
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Business Intelligence Engineer (Data Analyst) Location US-CA-El Monte Job ID 2018-5685 Category Information Technology Position Type Full-Time
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $41 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
The Data Scientist works closely with business partners and the Business Intelligence Team to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions. This individual must function in a fast-paced environment, be adaptable to the changing processes and technology related to the business intelligence and analytical space.
- Work closely with business partners and conduct analyses to translate data into actionable analytical solutions and promote information-based decision-making recommendations.
- Design and create an information foundation with the purpose of developing analytical solutions and predictive modeling.
- Responsible for complex data mining efforts to discover patterns in large sets of data.
- Analyze the data trends as it relates to the industry and specific markets, and synthesize intelligence into easy-to-use insightful reports and dashboards.
- Incorporate machine learning, statistical modeling, visualization and analytics tools and data sources into the development of processes and techniques to use data effectively and efficiently.
- Identify and explore relevant data sources, and apply data mining techniques and methodologies to improve business understanding of available information.
- Devise methods for predictive analysis.
- Engage in data extraction, data transformation and other activities related to business intelligence.
- Create business intelligence systems and solutions for identifying data patterns and trends from available information sources.
- Extract and transform those data patterns and trends into visualized models and simulations.
- Regularly test, verify and update data management system and methodologies.
- Keep up-to-date with latest technology trends
- Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers
- Follow and Implement enterprise level data projects using Agile framework
- 7+ years of practical experience with business intelligence analysis, ETL, data processing, data programming and data analytics
- MS in Computer Science / Statistics / Operations Research / Business Analytics or equivalent combination of skills, experience and education
- Extensive background in data mining and statistical analysis
- Banking product experience is a must
- Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
- Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, R, .NET C#
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Comfortable in both a leadership and team-player role
- Able to gather and synthesize ambiguous requirements from non-technical business users
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Understanding of Dimensional Modelling concepts
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience in managing a small team
- Experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (Maven, Jenkins, Stash, Ansible, Docker) is a plus
- Software language - C#, Power Shell, Python
- Experience with Power BI or Tableau
- Experience working in Agile development environment
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? for general consideration. East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS