Business Operations Specialist Location US-CA-El Monte Job ID 2019-6876 Category Banking Operations/Back Office Position Type Full-Time
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi-cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities. And our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees’ potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $41 billion, we’re ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States and currently top 5 in “America’s 100 Best Banks” by Forbes, a list where we've consistently been in the top 15 since 2010. With a strong foundation, an enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is currently seeking a Business Operations Specialist within our Centralized Operations Administration. This individual will be part of a team that supports Commercial/Business Banking, Centralized Operations and other business partners with compliance oversight, risk management, internal audits, policy and procedure creation or updates and project management. The role includes enhancing the businesses ability to anticipate and manage compliance and operational risks effectively. The role also involves engagement with executives and senior management to support operational objectives based on regulatory requirements.
- Develop strong partnerships with business partners with emphasis on commercial and specialty business units to provide subject matter expertise (SME) and support for regulations, compliance, audit reporting, risk policies/procedures, and identifying risk gaps in processes
- Proactively identify and recommend new and effective ways to improve processes that involve compliance/regulatory adherence, audit results, quality assurance and loss mitigation
- Drafting new procedures, policies, job aides, and training materials related to policy, procedures, regulations and compliance
- Plan and facilitate training sessions, conference calls and meeting presentations
- Multi-tasking and ability to handle high volume of requests/projects in a fast paced environment.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in Banking/Financial Services/Commercial Banking Services preferably with back office experience in operations;
- Extensive knowledge of banking rules and regulations;
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills, as well as strong presentation skills;
- Proficiency with key PC software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access, Project);
- Project management, planning, and organizational skills;
- Must have a high degree of emotional intelligence and problem solving skills;
- Strong influencing skills;
- Comfortable with rapid pace and ambiguity; and
- Ability to work independently and with a cross functional teams.
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? for general consideration. East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS