Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Technical Project Manager (vendor/supplier management) - 10566
Job Location: USA – CA - Fremont
Job Category: Operations
Mentor, a Siemens Business, enables companies to develop better electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our innovative products and solutions help engineers conquer design challenges in the increasingly complex worlds of board and chip design. We are looking for an experienced Commodity Manager to work in our Scalable Verification Solutions Division (SVSD).
As a Commodity Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
• Develop a commodity strategy and technology road-map that aligns technology and business requirements with supplier capabilities.
• Work closely with Engineering to influence design decisions to meet technical capabilities, and business objectives.
• Interface with cross-functional teams to assess current and future sourcing requirements.
• Develop commodity sourcing strategy including contract negotiation, cost targets, supply chain risk evaluation and mitigation.
• Negotiate global spend and cost reduction for key commodity items.
• Continually identify and implement new opportunities for cost savings and avoidance, and pro-actively track the progress.
• Implement programs for supplier evaluation, selection, qualification and supply base optimization.
• Manage overall supplier relationships including supplier performance, capability development, cost and quality improvements.
• Advise management on alternate global supply sources, component material costs, commodity pricing trends, and supply/demand situations that could impact the business.
• Monitor current commodity market conditions to identify challenges and develop supply continuity plan.
• BS or BA degree from an accredited 4-year college or university
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in Supply Chain, Procurement and Commodity Management
• Knowledge of electronic commodities and high tech industry
• Experience in interconnect and power components highly desirable
• Experience in vendor management process and working with contract manufacturers
• Proven procurement experience, project management skills, and capable to work with cross functional teams
• Background working with PDM tools (Arena or Agile) and ERP systems
• Must be detail oriented, analytical, process savvy, customer focused, and adaptable to business needs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Share