Engineering Lead, Trading Desktop Applications
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.78 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO's trading desktop applications provide traders interoperable views of their orders, analytics, trade and liquidity analyses in a customized desktop experience maximizing OpenFin. Given increasingly sophisticated markets moving towards electrification, we are looking to expand our platform capabilities and augment decision making by serving up data-driven insights.
We are seeking an experienced Engineering Lead to lead multiple software development teams, partner with senior business and technology management partners and colleagues across the broader technology organization to deliver exceptional solutions in an agile delivery construct.
- Lead multiple, full stack development teams to solve business and technical challenges
- Strike a balance of incremental value delivery while advancing towards our strategic north star of cloud-based, CICD-driven delivery
- Work with core engineering team to expand desktop platform functionality and create a seamless user experience
- Work with leadership to understand both immediate problems and trading workflow strategic state
- Distill out key requirements and workflows, work with engineering team leads and core engineering colleagues to find solutions, identify and analyze trade-offs, phase solutions, follow through to implementation resolving design issues and responding to changing requirements or technical issues
- Growing technical leads and team members, with delivery of frequent, candid and compassionate feedback
- Build modular, easily testable software that lends itself to accurate monitoring
- Build applications based on cloud native principles, with high availability and scale in mind
- Data approach to application development. Analyze usage data to further enhance application experience.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience supporting Portfolio Managers and or Traders
- Good interpersonal, partnership and communication skills an absolute must with a demonstrated ability to work well with both technology and business colleagues
- Demonstrable ability to deliver solutions providing incremental value to our business while iterating towards strategic platform goal
- Technical skillset includes data models, messaging, REST, design patterns and standard methodologies for system integration
- Good technical solutions skills from gathering and distilling requirements to defining technical options, trade-offs and communicating to a technical audience
- Validated team leadership capabilities, encouraging others based on integrity and trust and fostering a culture of mentoring
- Knowledge of trading systems, risk applications, fixed income and derivatives a plus
- Experience with public cloud technologies and cloud native development principles
- Passion for automation and experience with CICD tools, Gitlab or other
- Experience migrating existing workloads to cloud preferred
- Understanding of infrastructure fundamentals such as Unix, networks, scripting, SSH, Kerberos
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office