Data Operations Associate
Job Description As a Data Analyst in the Data Analytics group you will have the opportunity to contribute to a team responsible for generating and delivering industry leading risk metrics to a variety of products offered by Moody's Analytics. As a member of this team you'll be responsible for resolving data issues and supporting client inquiries about model and underlying data. You'll be responsible in analyzing data and data pipelines taking part in the design of new processes, delivery to new products and fine tuning existing processes. In addition the successful candidate will work closely with research teams, business teams, and our data quality team and data production team on ensuring the best quality delivery to our end clients. You will also be working closely with third party data vendors to resolve issues and on integrate new data feeds into our existing systems and products.
We're looking for a resourceful top performer who is passionate about data and technology and interested in learning about financial risk management. You should have excellent data analysis skills with the ability to dissect data effectively and ask the right questions. You should have strong interpersonal and communication skill to closely work with internal and external counterparties. The ideal candidate will be extremely flexible who has a demonstrated record of driving improvements to existing processes and helping build new ones.
- Work in our Data Service Team in San Francisco with team members also in global locations (Singapore, Shenzhen) within our Data Analytics Group.
- Support and resolve data inquiries and issues with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Facilitating communication and collaboration with our Research, Support, Product Management and Application Development teams as well as external data providers in product operation and model development.
- Manage and design data metrics and reports to improve business efficiency and support data-driven business decisions
- Identify, research and resolve errors and issue in our data and optimize our data workflow.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Business Analytics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Math or related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- 1-2 years working experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail with excellent organizational and analytical skills and the ability to handle multiple projects
- Hands on experience working with data on a technical level
- Experience with SQL programming language (Microsoft SQL, PostgreSQL, etc.) Preferred Qualifications:
- Exposure to financial industry and credit risk models,
- Analytics experience
- Experience with following technologies:
- Clover ETL
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.