Desktop Support Engineer - San Francisco
Point72 A Career with Point72's Technology Group
Our Technology department employs 140+ people and delivers all technology solutions used within the firm. We are looking for extraordinarily bright, articulate and dedicated computer science or information systems professionals to join our team. If you want to join a world-class investment management organization that operates in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and rewards talent with recognition and increased responsibility, then this is the right opportunity. Our team seeks individuals that are highly proficient in their respective technology platform, articulate, solution driven, client focused and proactive in building their technology skills.
What you'll do
- Innovation & Excellence: A successful team member has excellent broad technical and problem-solving skills including the ability to innovate, drive change, and can quickly adapt to changing processes, priorities, languages, and ideas.
- Integrity: We uphold the highest standards of ethics and integrity. Our work is truthful, direct and unbiased. We protect sensitive and confidential information and exercise discretion in all aspects of our work.
- Courage: we are not afraid to fail. We accomplish difficult and high-stakes tasks in an environment with a high degree of uncertainty. We will sometimes be wrong, but we will always learn from our mistakes and improve.
- Curiosity: we always ask "why?" We don't accept the first answer or the easy answer; we strive for understanding. We do not report information; we provide insight and analysis by putting information into context. We solve puzzles even when we don't have all the pieces.
An IT Operations Engineer at Point72 provides a range of services essential for the efficient operation of a client focused technology service model. Our ideal candidate will have demonstrated the ability to provide outstanding customer service and support, as well as the ability to work independently or as part of a global team. He or she will be an energetic and enthusiastic, with an ability to quickly diagnose and resolve issues, provide clear guidance and offer advice with patience and empathy. Our engineers deliver best in class customer service while managing and prioritizing their workload. The ideal candidate will show the eagerness to learn the latest technology while also possessing the aptitude to learn new skills and technology concepts. He or she will further demonstrate proficiency in voice, mobile technology, Microsoft Windows based systems, as well as the Microsoft Office suite of tools. This role sits in our new main office in San Francisco supporting 30+ employees including 3 Portfolio Managers and their teams. Please note: This role will require occasional travel between our other office in San Francisco as well as Palo Alto, and you must be comfortable with starting your day at 4:30 AM PT. Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide hands on technical support and insightful advice to clients
- Focus on providing clients with best in class support experiences
- Acknowledge and address all client queries, requirements and needs with patience and empathy
- Provide guidance and training to clients on current technology and corporate policies
- Educate clients on new technologies and processes to enhance technology adoption
- Promote client empowerment through the use self-service portals
- Manage client expectations to enhance the overall technology experience
- Establish and maintain service level relationships with local and off-site technology service providers
- Develop written project plans to manage small and large-scale projects
- Be available to provide rotational, 24x7 on-call support
- Be flexible and available for domestic and international travel
- Quickly diagnose and resolve technology issues
- Provide clients with training and advice on Point72 related technologies and transformations.
- Perform moves, adds and changes as needed
- Utilize ServiceNow to document and track all Incidents, Problems and Requests
- Provide written documentation, updates and root cause analysis on IT issues to management as required
- Create knowledgebase articles for newly discovered issues.
- Perform daily AM and PM system checks as per documented procedures
- Create and distribute status reports
You will work within a team environment to provide best in class technology services to clients across the Firm. The team provides a full range of IT related services, including PCs, laptops, video conferencing solutions, software and mobile devices. You should be inquisitive and have a desire to test your limits with new technologies. You should also possess the following attributes:
We take care of our people
- Minimum 4 years of experience in client service, desktop support or technical support role supporting investment professionals in the financial industry
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a concentration in Technology, Computer Science or related discipline
- Knowledge of market data and electronic trading platforms such as Bloomberg, Neovest, etc.
- Scripting and automation using tools such as PowerShell, Splunk, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot and remediate complex issues across the entire Firm, provide Root Cause Analyses (RCA) and make recommendations to mitigate future risk
- Ability to provide best in class customer service and technology support
- Ability to identify issues that need urgent attention, depending on your knowledge of the business impact of the issue
- Ability to maintain composure and focus in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to work independently, while engaging and supporting the global technology team
We invest in our people, their careers, their health, and their well-being. We want you to concentrate on success and leave the rest to us. When you work here, we provide:
- Fully-paid health care benefits
- Generous parental and family leave policies
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Tuition assistance
- A 401(k) savings program with an employer match and more
Point72 Asset Management is a global firm led by Steven Cohen that invests in multiple asset classes and strategies worldwide. Resting on more than a quarter-century of investing experience, we seek to be the industry's premier asset manager through delivering superior risk-adjusted returns, adhering to the highest ethical standards, and offering the greatest opportunities to the industry's brightest talent. We're inventing the future of finance by revolutionizing how we develop our people and how we use data to shape our thinking. For more information, visit www.Point72.com/working-here .
Point72 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Point72 is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Point72 complies with applicable, local, state and federal laws on the subject of equal employment opportunity.