TITLE: Executive Assistant
LOCATION: San Francisco, California
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Manager, Administration
THE COMPANY: Matthews International Capital Management, LLC (“Matthews Asia”)
Matthews Asia focuses on Asia investment solutions that build wealth for our global clients over the long term.
Matthews Asia is an independent, privately owned investment manager headquartered in San Francisco
with subsidiary offices in London, Singapore and Hong Kong. Founded in 1991, Matthews Asia
specializes in investing in Asia’s equity and fixed income markets for institutions, intermediaries
and retail investors worldwide. For over 25 years our bottom-up, active investment approach has
focused on identifying the most attractive long-term growth opportunities in Asia’s diverse
markets. Our portfolios typically feature low turnover rates and high active share, with holdings
that differ significantly from their benchmarks. Our long-term perspective and culture of
independent thinking facilitate our delivery of a consistent and distinctive value proposition to
our clients and partners.
Additional information on Matthews International Capital Management, LLC and Matthews Asia can be
found at www.matthewsasia.com.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are looking for a polished, positive, articulate, high-level support professional to support our
Chief Human Resources Officer, Global Head of Human Resources and Office Administration and Global
Head of Risk and Compliance. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone smart, focused and
organized with a desire to learn about the business. There is a great growth opportunity for
knowledge and experience within this position. You will have the opportunity to work directly with
our global offices.
The ideal candidate is a smart, articulate and highly capable professional with strong
organizational skills, a sense of urgency and care factor, and consistent solid attention to
detail. You have experience working in a financial services company and understand the importance
of a positive, professional presence and communication. You have prepared complex international
travel and perform a holistic approach to make sure you have included all that is needed for a
successful business trip. You have a proven system of organization and can manage multiple
calendars and time zones. You bring a desire to learn the business while first and foremost to
support these executives at our fast-paced firm.
And most of all, you want to be a part of a company with a great culture on a highly collaborative
and collegial group of professionals!
Specific Responsibilities include:
• Provide direct and pro-active administrative support to three key executives in San Francisco
• Proactively manage multiple calendars requiring extensive internal and external communication
• Frequent interaction with Executive Management
• Coordinate complex international travel
• Prepare presentations for both internal and external meetings
• Coordinate, plan and execute meetings and special events
• Compile extensive and frequent expense reports
• Draft letter and email communications
• Liaise with other departments on the execution of strategic projects
• Maintain efficient organization of correspondence, reports, data and meeting materials
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
• Approximately 40% support to the Chief Human Resources Officer, 40% to the Global Head of
Risk and Compliance and 20% to the Global Head of Human Resources and Office Administration
• Advanced MS Office Suite and strong Adobe Acrobat skills required
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and solid interpersonal skills are a must
• Meticulous attention to detail is a must
• Experience communicating with colleagues and vendors outside the United States by phone and
• Ability to prioritize and remain highly organized under pressure and amid frequent changes
• Able to anticipate needs and act upon requests independently
• Resourceful, outgoing, flexible
• Proactive, punctual and dependable
• Experience with Concur, and WebEx a plus
• Maintaining confidential information is a must
• Bachelors degree preferred
• Minimum 3 years of administrative experience supporting senior-level managers or executives
• Financial services, specifically asset management experience, preferred
• Must be a U.S citizen or authorized to work in the U.S on a permanent basis
• No relocation is offered for this position
HOURS: 8:30am – 5:30pm*
*There is an occasional need, with sufficient notice, to shift the schedule to an earlier start
time or later end time to best support the needs of the executives. This is a non-exempt position
with minimal overtime required.
We understand the importance of going into a great place to work every day and culture is
incredibly important to everyone at Matthews Asia. We take pride in the positive and respectful
dynamics throughout the firm. Before an offer is made, you will meet with members of our active
Culture Committee to allow you to have a more casual meeting to ask questions about the company to
make sure that it is the best fit for long term success and enjoyment for all.
It is important that all employees embody our core values of integrity, internal/external client
focus, initiative, and teamwork.
Matthews International Capital Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does
not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including
religious dress and grooming practices), age, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, political
activity or affiliation, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition as defined under applicable law,
genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical
conditions, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws or ordinances.