Jr. Software Architect
Job Description The Role / Responsibilities:
An Associate Director - Software Architect fulfils the following responsibilities with very limited guidance:
- Collaborate with Business Analysts to interpret requirements across an entire application
- Provide feedback on requirements from a technical perspective, and provide high-level estimates for an entire application
- Work collaboratively with other architects to design the end-to-end architecture for multi-tiered, highly configurable and extensible enterprise applications
- Research technologies and build POCs to ensure feasibility
- Create and review technical design documents for the architecture of a module/application
- Participate in architecture and design reviews for projects that require complex technical solutions
- Review code, lead refactoring activities, provide guidance from technical perspective for all SE members of a project
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Master's degree is a plus.
- 2+ years of professional software design
- Aptitude for building frameworks to be used by others
- Work well in a fast-paced team environment with tight deadlines
- Able to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of C++, Python, R, and High Performance Computing within AWS (or Azure)
- Familiar with design patterns and successfully selects the appropriate design pattern based on the scenario
- Familiar with software implementations in AWS/Azure
- Familiar with Databases: Amazon RDS, Oracle, MySql, MongoDB, etc.
- High proficiency in Development Platforms: Linux, Microsoft Windows
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.