Private Equity Principal, Consumer
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
As part of the continued expansion of our alternatives capabilities, we are seeking to recruit a Private Equity Principal join our diversified Hadley Harbor, late-stage growth, investment team. Wellington has been investing in private markets since 2003, and the Firm launched its first dedicated private capital product in 2014. Today, the team currently manages $2.4 billion in assets across two private equity funds, and we are currently raising a third private fund.
The Private Equity Principal will be responsible for helping to further develop our network with venture firms, in addition to developing relationships directly with private companies with a focus on the consumer sector with particular emphasis on consumer discretionary and e-commerce businesses. In addition to generating deal flow, the ideal candidate will evaluate potential consumer investment opportunities, conduct in-depth due diligence of select deals, develop investment recommendations, and monitor portfolio positions. We expect this individual to leverage his or her investment insight and experience during the investment process while working closely with other investors across our private equity efforts. QUALIFICATIONS
A successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in a private markets investment role, preferably at a venture capital or private equity firm;
- Established industry relationships and network to gain access to deal flow;
- Ability and track record of generating money making investment ideas within private markets;
- Ability leading and collaborating with experienced, cross-functional deal teams;
- Strong bottom-up fundamental approach to research;
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in a collaborative, team-based, results-oriented environment;
- Independence of thought, intellectual curiosity, and an entrepreneurial nature; and
- Strong academic credentials: MBA/CFA preferred.
Private Equity Principal, Consumer JOB FAMILY
Investment Management (IM) LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .