Information Security Team Lead
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Information Security Engineering Team Lead Location US-CA-San Marino Job ID 2019-6881 Category Audit/Risk Management Position Type Full-Time
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $41 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is seeking an Information Security Engineering Team Lead.
- Assisting in providing clear measures of risk to enable the Board to fulfill its governance responsibility, including monitoring the banks cyber security and IT Risk management programs
- Develops, maintains, and publishes corporate IT security and risk standards, processes, procedures, and guidelines
- Support regulatory reviews, assessments as well and monitor and lead reporting and remediating identified control and regulatory issues
- Help develop and maintain the bank’s IT Information Security Roadmap and project plan;
- Develop, maintain and participate in the bank’s IT and Enterprise Risk Departments’ governance committees
- Identifies Information Security and risk strategies, goals, objectives, and metrics that are consistent with the strategic plan
- Participates in recommending yearly budget for approval, and prudently manage resources within those budget guidelines. Works with other executives to prioritize security initiatives and spending based on appropriate risk management and/or financial methodology
- Effectively manages the human resources of the organization according to authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations. Ensure staffing levels remain appropriate for the level of work and that staff have the necessary technical and professional skills and training to perform their job
- Maintains relationships with Internal Audit, Senior Management, and related internal stakeholders. Ensures strong inter- and intra-departmental collaboration for the achievement of organizational goals
- Maintains relationships with local, state and federal law enforcement and other related government agencies
- Develop and implement a comprehensive security awareness and training program within the department and IT as well as for all business units, enterprise wide
- Provides employees timely, candid and constructive feedback; assisting in the development of employees to their full potential and provides challenging opportunities that enhance employee career growth; recognize and reward employees for accomplishments. Assist in the development of appropriate talent pool to ensure adequate bench strength and succession planning
- Architect and design solutions to implement security controls in order to mitigate risk
- Review prosed project plan to assess the risk and involvement needed from the team.
- Make security recommendations after reviewing architecture and design documentation for new projects and initiatives
- This position will also require the candidate to be hands on and help engineering team with projects and initiatives
- This position will manage a portion of the department function with a team ranging in levels from clerical to Vice President
8+ years management experience, technical proficiency in IT, Risk, Compliance, Information Security
Possess professional certifications CISA, CISM, CRISC, CISSP, or related
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field required, advanced degree (Masters level) preferred
Ability to effectively communicate security and risk related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff
Should have experience with business continuity planning, auditing, and risk management, as well as contract and vendor negotiation
Must have strong working knowledge of pertinent laws and regulations
Must have a solid understanding of information technology and information security
Must have an understanding and working knowledge of cloud hosted solutions and the risk associated with cloud implementation
Must have working knowledge for Mobile banking and digital transformation of banking products and services
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? for general consideration. East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS