Sr. Software Engineer
Make Next Happen Now. For more than 30 years, Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) has helped innovative companies and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. SVB provides targeted financial services and expertise through its offices in innovation centers around the world. With commercial, international and private banking services, SVB helps address the unique needs of innovators. We are looking for a hands-on Principal Software Engineer with a passion for designing repeatable delivery process and implementing frameworks that enable projects to flow quickly and safely to production with user feedback loop capability. You are regarded as an expert with not only strong process and automation skills, but an approachable style as well. You are proactive, always seeking ways to improve and simplify process through automation. Essential Duties:
Design and develop new user-facing features Build reusable code and libraries for future use Qualifications Qualifications:
- Create and maintain digital assets, such as interface design files, wireframes, and interactive mockups.
- Optimize application that meet user needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability. Provide development leadership (Architecture, Design, Development) for medium to large sized projects and maintenance on our client facing online and mobile banking systems. Understand the limitations of our tech stack and business model and provide technical advice wherever necessary. Experience building and maintaining large software platforms. Experience latest UI/UX design principles and tools Empathy with developers. Innate desire to create a superlative developer experience down to the last detail. Deep love of building elegant, maintainable, well-documented, secure code. Abstracting and refactoring should be a passion, not a chore. Drive to learn new things and go above and beyond the call of duty. Always working to improve yourself and constructively support the team around you. Creates and maintains application architecture and related assets. Be the go-to person for development team on UI/UX design discussions. The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive
- 5+ years of progressive development experience as a Software Engineer.
- 3+ years' experience as a front-end developer.
- 2+ years' experience as a UI/UX designer
- E xpert knowledge of CSS, CSS extension languages (Less, Sass), and CSS preprocessor tools.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Must have technical lead experience for medium to large sized projects.
- Ability to analyze and trouble shoot production issues.
- Experience with TDD and CICD delivery.
- Required to work in overlapping/shift hours as required (on a rotation basis).
- Experience in working with COTS and SaaS solutions
- Hands-on development experience in Node jS, React, polymer js , loopback and Java
- Working knowledge on AWS Could Infrastructure