Product Manager - Gas & Power Analytics
JobDescription : The Role:
Product Manager - Gas and Power Analytics Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 10 Location:
New York or Denver The Role:
We are seeking a Product Manager who will play a substantial role in creating and executing the product roadmap, product development and Go-To-Market within the S&P Global Platts Gas and Power business. Platts has a number of industry leading research, data and news offerings focused on providing transparency and forecasts around renewable energy, natural gas and conventional power. We are looking for an entrepreneurial candidate to help drive ownership and accountability across this portfolio by designing and bringing to market industry leading solutions that solve client problems and fit their needs/workflow. This role will also drive development of our digital product offerings using Agile methodology to our customers across our platform including web, mobile apps and data feeds. The Team:
As part of the Global Gas and Power team you will help drive alignment with stakeholders in news, technology, sales, marketing, operations and the broader product management group to:
- Assess and size market opportunities to feed into your product strategy
- Support go-to-market activities once your product(s) are launched to ensure successful commercial outcomes/adoption
- Support product positioning by developing and delivering thought leadership through marketing activities, conference participation, customer engagement and by showcasing our deep Gas and Power analytical capabilities.
Platts creates over 10,000 daily assessments used for 1,500+ cleared financial instruments that transact in excess of $10 billion every day. We stream over 20,000 bids, offers and trades a month from more than 450 of the top commodity trading companies globally. Furthermore we create market moving news and insights every day. We serve a critical role by providing price transparency and market commentary to the global commodity markets.
Platts has also embarked on an aggressive plan to expand its Analytical portfolio by acquiring industry leading companies such as PIRA Energy Group, RigData, Commodity Flow, Eclipse Energy, Kingsman and Bentek Energy over the past few years. The cumulative result is a deep bench of over 180 analysts around the world who deliver actionable insights to our clients on key Energy transformation topics. Core Focus: Lead Gas and Power Analytics Product Development
- Interact with existing clients and market participants to solicit product feedback, determine industry trends/pain points and create product roadmap to ensure client and market needs for Gas and Power analytics content and tools are met
- Lead internal and external product roadmap around Gas and Power Analytics, present future enhancements to senior management and advocate for resources utilizing S&P Global Platts' proprietary internal resource allocation techniques
- Deliver strategic plan that enables long term success of Gas and Power Analytics through a variety of delivery mechanisms
- Work with the Global Gas and Power team to support the identification of new datasets, features and markets to ensure broader cross selling among various Platts products
- Define success metrics and use data to drive decision-making and present both financial and technical points of view to c-suite
- Write effective user stories and act as Project and Product Owner when required to provide the business vision and direction to Agile developments teams
- Create, maintain and prioritise product backlog according to business value and/or ROI
- Transition and evolve existing Analytics portfolio from legacy delivery mechanism into our single technology platform as well as other delivery mechanisms such as mobile and data feeds
- Develop and execute on Go To Market plans for product rollout/launches
- Engage with customers and analyse customer feedback and product usage in order to feedback implications to overall product roadmap
- Work closely with all stakeholders and commercial organisation to identify opportunities and agree on sales plans
Being held accountable for execution, tangible deliverables and measurable success are common in your past. You are able to demonstrate experience of successful delivery on scope, in time, and on budget.
- 3-5+ years product management experience preferably at a commodity information, utility, oil/gas, or financial technology company
- Strong customer mind set with demonstrated ability to engage directly and honestly with customers on all issues and deliver positive experience by creating a partnership mentality
- Proven track record of creating product roadmaps and executing against these roadmaps
- Strong presentation skills, entrepreneurial mindset
- Demonstrable experience with business change, designing and executing complex, business critical, processes into an established environment
- High technical literacy with real time delivery platforms and toolsets with understanding of core solution differences
- Fundamental understanding of Gas and Power market, industry experience a bonus
- Experience with both Agile Scrum and Lean methodologies
- 'Tech' Savvy
- Prioritization and partnership management skills with ability to back decisions with conviction and data whilst balancing corporate needs of both us and our partners
- Diplomacy and tenacity when managing and communicating with stakeholders at all levels of business from Sales to Technology alongside a firm ability to assume positive intent
- Champion tangible delivery to avoid "boiling the ocean" whilst still getting stuff done
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.