Securities Operations Analyst
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
BNP Paribas Securities Services, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BNP Paribas Group, is a leading global custodian and securities services provider backed by the strength of an integrated bank. It provides multi asset post trade and asset servicing solutions for institutional participants in the investment cycle, from the buy-side and sell-side to corporates and issuers. Covering over 100 markets, offices in 34 countries and over 8,800 employees, the BNP Paribas network is one of the most extensive in the industry. We bring together local insight and a global network to enable clients to maximize their market and investment opportunities worldwide.
Securities Operations handles asset setup and trade data entry in the accounting system, corporate actions sourcing, instruction and processing, post trade matching and settlement for equity and fixed Income securities, and post trade confirmation/affirmation, settlement, and collateral management for derivative trades.
A Securities Operations Analyst in this role will primarily work on the corporate actions function within the department but will have the opportunity to learn and cross train in the other Securities Operations business functions. The Corporate Action team is responsible for sourcing corporate action information, reviewing the terms of the event and ensuring elections are correctly made prior to the deadline. The team is also responsible for processing all corporate action events in the accounting system, including dividends. Essential Functions:
- Performs detailed review of events from multiple sources to interpret and confirm terms of complex corporate action details. Sources may include custodians, vendors, agents and news sources. Reconciles positions and trade activity to ensure proper positions are elected upon.
- Communicates the terms of the corporate action and ensures an election is received prior to deadline.
- Coordinates corporate action elections and payments with as many as 40 custodians through internal systems, fax, email and custodian websites.
- Ensure corporate actions are accurately processed, including consulting with legal/compliance for taxability and review of market value impact to ensure proper accounting for end of day NAV
- Troubleshoots a variety of issues that may be complex in nature.
- Recognizes and implements potential risk controls and automation opportunities associated with corporate action elections and processing.
- Partner with colleagues overseas to ensure cohesive global operating model
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent
- 1 - 3 years related mutual fund support experience
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Flexibility to adapt to volume fluctuations and coverage of various tasks
FINRA Registrations Required: Qualifications
- Basic knowledge of the mutual fund industry