The Security Engineer is a member of the Security Engineering and Operations Group who will take care of the day-to-day technical security tasks of monitoring and managing security threats against Interactive Brokers.
The Security Engineer will work across multiple technical security domains, and should have an understanding of vulnerability management systems and common security applications. They will identify and respond to incidents and assist in mitigation of risks. The Security Engineer will conduct threat and risk analysis, providing essential suggestions as needed. They will help with researching, testing, evaluating and deploying security procedures and technologies. The Security Engineer will create organizational security automation scripts and tools, and have an active role in developing special purpose systems necessary for specialized security features and procedures. Responsibilities Threat Management
- Analyze systems, services, and networks from a security perspective
- Evaluate and monitor technical security issues, and communicate with stakeholders
- Help with analyzing systems, services, and networks from a security perspective
- Create scripts and programs to automate repeatable tasks
- Automate and integrate using technologies such as, but not limited to, REST API, Python, PowerShell, Bash
- Make recommendations for integration and automation
- Participate in an incident response team
- Analyze security risks and assist with executing response procedures
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to assist in the resolution of security issues
- Good analytical skills with attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Thorough conceptual understanding of networking, hardware, firmware, and software components
- Intermediate scripting or programming skills and motivation to use them
- The ability to adapt to changes and grow as the team expands its capabilities
- At least a bachelor's degree in a technical field
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (IEX: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
To hear a message from current IBKR employees visit https://youtu.be/ezGBVUyYyUw
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info