Technical Support Engineer - L1 (2034)
Job Description and Responsibilities
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide enterprise-level assistance to our internal user community. You will diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and help our customers install applications and programs.
Technical Support Engineer responsibilities include resolving network issues, configuring operating systems and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support. You will use email and other applications to give our users quick answers to simple IT issues. For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, you will contact our users via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals.
This position will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to technical problems. The ideal candidate will have experience with the following:
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Track computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Talk to end users through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they've solved a technical issue
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers)
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to users
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with users to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Maintain jovial relationships with users
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Linux/Mac OS environments
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- High School diploma, Associates or BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field.
We are only considering qualified candidates who are eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas for this position.
Company Overview Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (IEX: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info