CRI is a CPA and advisory firm located in more than 25 markets throughout Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas. Since our formation in 1997, we have quickly grown into one of the nations top 20 firms, which would not be possible without the breadth and depth of knowledge and expertise that our talented professionals possess. We invite you to explore our available opportunities, and learn more about what sets CRI apart from other larger firms. Essential Functions:
- The Spring 2021 Audit Internship will commence in early January 2021 and end April 2021
- Perform substantive auditing procedures in assigned areas
- Obtain an understanding of the work to be performed and the purpose of the work
- Prepare working papers which adequately document the tests performed and procedures followed to substantiate conclusions reached
- Be alert to the proper and consistent application of accounting principles in performing audit procedures
- Identify and document control deficiencies or other matters that warrant the attention of management
- Must be enrolled as a student in an accredited college or university with a major in accounting
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others.
- Professional written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint)
- High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information.
CRI industry specializations include construction, government, banking/financial institutions, healthcare, insurance, not-for-profit, manufacturing, and distribution. We offer traditional and specialized services including audit and assurance, business consulting and support, forensic accounting, IT auditing, retirement plan auditing, SEC compliance, business valuation, tax planning, and trusts and estates work. Additionally, CRIs family of portfolio companies deliver service organization control (SOC) reports, investment banking, management consulting, retirement plan administration services, payroll management, and wealth management. For more information about CRI, please visit CRIcpa.com