VP, Product Control
VP, Product Control
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Covering mainly trading desks based out of Houston, London, New York and Toronto, this function is involved in providing daily P&L reporting, daily system and ledger reconciliations and controls, performing the month end General Ledger close and monthly balance sheet analysis. This role requires close and efficient interaction with the Front Office, Middle Office and IT as well as other parts of Finance, including Financial Control, on a daily basis to ensure the timely and accurate financial reporting of the FIRM trading businesses.
Your management responsibilities will include oversight of a team of 5-8, with responsibility, ownership and accountability for various product categories and regions. You will ensure appropriate control and reviews for daily P&L production by undertaking the trader's sign-off [ asset classes, equities, credit and energy ] .
You will ensure the teams are performing timely lockdown of daily and monthly P&L. You will be able to substantiate both daily and monthly adjustments held in P&L and control accounts. In addition, you will engage with the business teams and external stakeholders, as well as demonstrate the ability to independently deal with and resolve issues with appropriate escalation. Job Responsibilities:
- R eviewing monthly balance sheet, with substantiation and potential financial exposure
- R eviewing various reconciliation reports, management packs and ad hoc reports
- R eviewing month end Journals for accrual, provision and true up
- T aking responsibility for the quality of work submitted and ensuring that the highest standards are maintained
- ensuring adherence to SLA's, KPI's, internal metrics and F IRM wide policies
- D eveloping and maintaining effective and standard processes; maintaining KOP's | DI's
- R egularly facing off with Traders, Trading Finance Management, regional finance team and various internal stakeholders in FIRM .
- L everage your management experience to cultivate relationships with internal stakeholders, take regular feedback, as well as anticipate and understand issues and escalate appropriately for timely resolution.
- M anage strong relationships with Support teams [ trading finance IT, trading finance operations, trading finance risk ] and bring synergies by interacting and integrating with cross functional teams.
- B achelor's degree, coupled with a professional accounting qualification, such as a CPA.
- 10+ years of experience, including demonstrated people management experience, you will have a strong understanding of financial market products such as equities, energy, commodities and credit.
- L astly, you will possess the ability to develop, implement and maintain effective and standard operational processes.