Radius Radius 5 miles 15 miles 25 miles 35 miles 50 milesGo Alternative Investments Analyst - Req. 1902965
Under general supervision, the Alternative Investments Analyst utilizes knowledge of finance and investment concepts obtained through education and work experience in order to provide high net worth clients with a platform of non-traditional investment opportunities. Primary functions include conducting quantitative and qualitative due diligence, investment analysis (e.g., financial modeling, risk analysis, validating investment merits, etc.), and making recommendations on hedge funds, private equity funds, real estate funds, managed futures funds, and other non-traditional investment opportunities; authoring product approval memorandums directed to senior management; making presentations to financial advisors and other constituents; maintaining frequent contact with current as well as prospective fund managers; and supporting financial advisors with requests related to alternative investments. The Alternative Investments Analyst retains some latitude for un-reviewed decision making and a is participant with respect to fund manager interactions in addition to being a key participant in product recommendations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzing the investment merits and risks of nontraditional investments, including but not limited to hedge funds, private equity funds, commodity funds, alternative mutual funds, and structured products as well as their associated suitability for RJ clients.
- Preparing product approval memos/presentations for use by the Alternative Investment Group Product Approval Committee, comprised of senior management.
- Conducting onsite due diligence for existing and prospective alternative investment products.
- Transferring product knowledge and expertise by communicating with and educating other departments within Alternative Investment Group (e.g., operations and marketing) in addition to direct financial advisor communication.
- Composing and disseminating due diligence and investment updates regarding existing alternative investment funds for use by financial advisors.
- Job scope includes performing quantitative and qualitative due diligence as well as investment analysis (e.g., financial modeling, benchmarking, risk analysis, etc.) on non-traditional investment products, preparing detailed product approval memos and recommendations, conducting meetings and conversations with fund managers to determine the investment merits and risk profile of a complex asset class. The job scope also includes making product recommendations and presentations as appropriate.
- The Alternative Investments Analyst will play a role in decisions to approve alternative investments for sale to high net worth clients. As part of the process, the Alternative Investments Analyst will decide which funds warrant in depth diligence versus those that do not. The Alternative Investments Analyst will also play a role in decisions to discontinue offering specific products as well as approval decisions of entire asset classes (with associated whitepapers).
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Financial analysis.
- Complex investment products and securities markets in general.
- MS Office applications.
- PerTrac/eVestment or other hedge fund databases are a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Handle multiple priorities.
- Meet multiple critical deadlines
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Minimum Degree Required:
- Bachelor-s Degree.
- Required Disciplines:
- Finance, General business, or Economics very strongly preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
- Minimum Experience:
- Relevant internship.
- SIE required provided that an exemption or grandfathering cannot be applied.
- Licenses/Certifications Required at Date of Hire:
- Licenses/Certifications Required from Date of Hire:
- Series 7 w/in 6 months of hire.
- CFA w/in 4 years of hire.Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
Enter your corporate email address to refer a friend!
Email AddressSubmit Experienced Professionals Students & Recent Grads
Using your LinkedIn profile, find jobs matched to your skills and experience