Senior Product Manager - Margin and Trading
Who We Are More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
About the Role SUMMARY
E*TRADE Financial is looking for an experienced candidate with a good understanding of Margin and Equity Trading concepts. Knowledge of retail brokerage risks and operations including Balances and Buying Power (BBP), Day Trading Rules and Regulations, and Special Memorandum Account (SMA) will be a valuable skill set. Prior experience in consulting will be a valuable skillset for this position.
The primary responsibility of the position is to lead initiatives within the Margin Product team to implement new products or features that will enhance the client experience and/or mitigate against the inherent risk of margin trading. The role requires the candidate to oversee the end-to-end product development lifecycle - including requirements gathering, development support, pre and post launch strategy - for a variety of products in the assigned portfolios.
The desired candidate should be a self-starter, a problem solver and must be driven to solve complex business issues. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead new initiatives to introduce new functionality designed to enhance the margin experience
- Perform in depth analysis of the margin book with key stakeholders to identify areas of revenue opportunities and put forward a plan to implement required changes
- Create an overall Product strategy to position the Product as a leader in functionality, experience and ability to drive value for the firm
- Assist and lead, where applicable, in developing and communicating strategy for individual products based upon understanding of market, competition, regulatory and legislative trends
- Work with Risk and Service partners to identify system or experience gaps that need to be addressed.
- Provide Product Support: Research and resolve complex issues related to assigned products or core competency
- Track and oversee the implementation of the fixes related to the gaps found during the course of the analysis.
- Work with various stakeholders through the agile framework to fix existing issues and/or bring new initiatives to light.
- Work and build solid relationship with key stakeholders - including Operations, Customer Service, Marketing, Technology and Quality Assurance teams - to deliver simple, elegant and defect free products
- Champion new products throughout the organization
- Conduct and monitor the competitive landscape and propose actionable recommendations aligned with the company's roadmap
- 2 to 5 years' experience in Product Management preferably in the Financial Services Industry OR extensive subject matter expertise in brokerage operations and risk management along with education in a relevant field
- Bachelor's degree - preferably in Finance, Economics, Marketing or quantitative field
- 3+ years of relevant work experience managing the end-to-end product life-cycle for digital products in the brokerage and/or Finance industry
Prior Management consultant will be a valuable skillset
- Excellent understanding of Margin, Equity/Option trading, BBP, SMA and Risk Management practices related to order vetting and processing
- Ability and willingness to learn how to lead product development initiatives and writing Business Requirement Document, Functional Requirement Documents and user stories
- Ability to engage and find opportunities beyond individual responsibilities
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to clearly articulate complex ideas to a diverse audience
- Strong organizational skills to work on multiple projects simultaneously for on time and within budget delivery
- Demonstrates effectiveness in a fast-paced, demanding, client-driven environment
- Strong understanding of the retail client and ability to view proposed solutions through the eyes of the client
- An energetic person with an entrepreneurial attitude
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.