Cloud Security Advisor
Job Description : Job Description
Leads and oversees the deployment of procedures and technologies required to assure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the network. Focuses on the most complex systems and security issues. Designs and oversees procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction. Leads the selection, implementation, and maintenance of firewalls, the application of security patches, and updates and modifications to security design. Conducts and oversees complex network penetration tests, security product integration, information security overviews, and other projects that require technical security expertise. Applies and advanced understanding of the threat landscapes and tracks changes in this area, and assesses the evolving threats and new technologies, solutions, and services to stay ahead of them through research. May apply advanced expertise in a particular specialty within IT security. Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices. Uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions. Mentors less experienced teammates to build technical expertise. May have people management responsibilities. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years of experience in IT security or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Deep specialized and/or broad functional knowledge.
- Sound understanding of business and organizational strategies and processes.
- Ability to interpret internal and external business challenges and recommend best practices.
- Ability to lead complex projects.
- Sophisticated analytical skills and the ability to solve complex technical and business problems.
- Ability to influence others at senior levels to adopt a new perspective.
- Comprehensive knowledge of security-related technologies, such as Cisco PIX firewall OS, Nokia Checkpoint firewall OS, TCP/IP, DNS, SATAN, CyberCop, ISS, nmap, IBM Secure Way, and/or Web Single Sign-On (SSO).
- Master's degree or MBA and 10 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Banking or financial services experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf