Technology Risk Management, Vice President
Description About this role Job Purpose/Background:
Understanding risk is the cornerstone of BlackRock's approach to responsible investing. Our Risk and Quantitative Analysis (RQA) group promotes BlackRock as a leader in risk management by providing independent top-down and bottom-up oversight to help identify investment, counterparty, operational, model, regulatory, technology, and third-party risks.
Technology Risk Management (TRM) is a key part of the RQA Enterprise Risk Management group. We ensure senior management has defined technology controls that protect our clients, our firm and support the achievement of firm-wide business goals within our risk tolerance. TRM partners with senior management, technology leadership, information security, operational risk and other control functions to achieve this mission. Responsibilities:
- Partner with BlackRock software development and technology teams to understand technologies in use and under consideration, associated risks and pivotal initiatives
- Lead and support risk assessments across key technology areas. Provide challenge to control owners and suggest areas of improvement
- Coordinate remediation efforts for risk and control issues and support issue closure or risk acceptances, as needed. Work with action owners to collect and evaluate appropriateness of evidence.
- Challenge the design of global technology metrics, perform data and trend analysis, and produce monthly metric reports.
- Review technology incidents and events, help with root cause investigation and identify trends and potential control gaps
- Support key control committees and groups that govern technology risk
- Review and provide guidance on BlackRock's technology and information security related policies and standards. Stay updated on global technology related regulations, industry standards and practices
- 6+ years of experience working in a Technology Risk, IT Audit, Information Security or related field (financial services industry experience preferred)
- Project management, analytic, communication and interpersonal skills
- Capacity to multitask and complete difficult assignments with short lead times
- Familiarity with relevant industry leading practices, such as DevOps and cloud, and control frameworks, such as COBIT and ITIL
- Understanding of software architecture and design, distributed systems, clean coding standards, SDLC, and/or technology operations (hands on experience preferred)
- Experience with Tableau and GRC tools preferred.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.